Sign in to follow this  

Mississippi BIG BAYOU TRIP!! where to ride singletrack?

Hey guys, im from Colorado and im planning a "bayou trip" to ride in alabama, louisiana, and mississippi. I have scoured the internet tirelessly and havent come up with anything spectacular, but, if its anything like colorado all the best trails are hus hush or illegal. So could you guys help me out? I like riding singletrack, fast and flowy or tight and technical, enduro, endurocross, hillclimbs and freeriding. So far all i have come u wih are AL: escambia or the ridge /// MS: trace st park or bluffsriders in satartia which i have NO info on.. /// LA: claiborne forest hill or catahoula. Any input on these or other suggestions would be extremely appreciated! PS any info on the elusive bluffsriders would be helpful too! THANKS!!!!

Chris

In Alabama, there is the ridge as you mentioned. Within 40 miles or so of the ridge is a pretty good spot in Talladega Alabama called Brecon Annex. Its a several hundred acres old abandoned military base owned by the local government. There's also a riding park in Jemison Alabama (central Ala) at $10 or $15 per day. A lot people give it good reviews. Good bit of single track. Don't know if you are a member of KTM Talk or not, but you might post on the southeast regional section as well. Might get more of a resopnse.

I think the best in Alabama is the ridge, so it would be my first recommendation. If you've got the time, you may want to hit Brecon Annex while you're in the area since its free. You would need to get information and a map however from the parts guy at Talladega Cycle Sales in Talladega, AL. I understand there is a good spot in Meridian MS too which is a riding club. I think the guest past is pretty reasonable. Lots of sandy soil. You can get more information on that from "Uncle Jerry" on KTM Talk. Go to the regional section under section VII for Alabama and make a post there.

I just went to Camp Claiborne with 5 other riders, there are over 70 miles of trail. Boyscout loop being true single track, and the others Woodworth, North are atv trails, quite fast and flowing and pretty fun. There.s not a lot of elevation changes.

If you get to Tx I would highly recommend Red River Motorcycle Trails... in Bulcher TX. I have only been there once so there is a lot I have not ridden. I can personally say that Bills Woods, Costa Rica trails are really challenging and extremely fun. That was a truly epic trip and is on my list of places to visit again.

Edited by jakeblues

Hey thanks alot for the input guys. I leave not this friday but the next. So time is crunching but im getting closer to figuring out where i want to go but still need help with LA. Claiborne, breezy hill, catahoula, or livingston? Ya ive been to red river and it is an enduro freeriders dream and def one of my favorite places to go. is the bill woods and costa rica trails part of bulcher or something else?

Hey thanks alot for the input guys. I leave not this friday but the next. So time is crunching but im getting closer to figuring out where i want to go but still need help with LA. Claiborne, breezy hill, catahoula, or livingston? Ya ive been to red river and it is an enduro freeriders dream and def one of my favorite places to go. is the bill woods and costa rica trails part of bulcher or something else?

Bill's Woods and Costa Rica are areas of the Red River MC park, each set of trails/areas had a different name.

ya i kinda remember some of the areas.. brokeback mtn, texas stadium, triple threat to name a few gnarly climbs! so its looking like claiborne in LA over to meridian MS to ride meridian ohv and then over to talladega AL to ride top trails (brecon annex). Would ride the ridge as suggested but they arent open during the week...

Input..suggestions... side trips or things i must do being my first time in th bayou??