Sign in to follow this  

what 250f should i get?

well i have been riding a kawi 125, but im looking a a new 2010 250f.

kawi is good but i looked up there specs and there heavy but im looking for

a light bike to throw around. so i found a great deal for a 2010 crf250r.

so justs tell me your expirence with honda or kawi.

I can't speak on the 2010's but I do own a 07 KXF and my uncle owns a 06 CRF.

The KXF is very top heavy and I had to learn to trust it when leaning it in the corners and part me still wonders if it's not going to tip over sometimes. I'm very light (110 lbs max) so I can't "throw" it around and shift my weight much but I do OK. Now mine has had some changes made that make it a little different but it's changes most do anyway...

Lighter fork/shock springs for my wieght

Full Pro Circuit exhaust.

Rear Sprocket has been changed to a 49. (Makes it have more snap off the throttle)

The CRF has only had different springs...... It is a good bike all around but it doesn't have that power that the KXF has. Sometimes when I struggle with it I can jump on my KXF and have no problems at all. It doesn't feel as heavy and sits very well...

I love my KXF but if I had it to do over again, I'd probably get the CRF and just add a exhaust. It would be plenty of power for me....

i have a 2005 crf250r and i love it i can put it into turns really good and im only 140 i dont have anymods on it and love the power its an awesome bike one of my best bikes so far and i do mostly tight woods and a little track so yea the crf's are a great bike.......dont know about kawi although i did like there 125

oh and in 2010 the crf got its crank shortened so watch out for the i heard you have a lot less hours on the crank before you hit the danger zone

I think you'll love the CRF250R, the 2010 model is, as you said, lighter then the 2010 KX250F. I have also heard of some crank problems with them though, so watch out for that. Like normal, treat it right and it'll treat you right.