GasGas ec250 or ec300

I wish to hear some impressions from those who ride both models but the latest ones (2009,2010,2011) about power, torque, handling.

I also had a 300 from 2007 and love it but now I want the 2012 model and I don't know if I should go for a 250 instead of 300.

300 was nice but I never used more than... 60% of his power elsewear than on the straight road ? .

does 250 have enough power for long climb or better (easyer) handling in some roky and tehnical section??? dose it work well with the second gear or you need the first one in many situations?

thanx,

stefan

I raced a GasGas 250 in 2010 and 2011, and have just now got on a 300. The power on the 250 is more than adequate, but you have to work for it compared to a 300. Compared to converted MXers, its silky smooth and always there, but the 300 just has more.

I found on the 300 I could stick the bike in 3rd and just twist the throttle on (and off) depending on how fast I wanted to go. The 250 under the same circumstances wanted a couple gear shifts, even though it was 13/50 instead of the stock 13/48 that is also used on the 300.

Hard to go wrong with either, but the GasGas 300 might just be my new best friend (and yes I've ridden the pumpkins).

thanx, but nobody ride a ec250 in hard enduro ??? and tell me a opinion??? i don't care about how fast can I go with 250 or 300 I want to know if it's easyer to climb with 250 on long ascents or in some tehnical stuff (roky rivers, zig zag, ...)

with 300 I used to climb ok (something hard) but after a while my arms got pumped and I couldn't handle the throttle or the cluch lever to well. so with 250 will be easyer or harder on the taff section?? I don't care to go up faster but to reach the top with my arms not extreme pumped or my breathtaking.

I ride the 250s for that very reason. On my third one (an '07) and will be getting a new '12 XC250 R. They have enough but not too much, and don't yank you around. I race enduros and hare scrambles, but my local trails are more extreme than any event. Steep rock climbs with ledges, etc. The 250 does it all. It will climb anything the 300 will geared 13/51 or 13/52.

I ride the 250s for that very reason. On my third one (an '07) and will be getting a new '12 XC250 R. They have enough but not too much, and don't yank you around. I race enduros and hare scrambles, but my local trails are more extreme than any event. Steep rock climbs with ledges, etc. The 250 does it all. It will climb anything the 300 will geared 13/51 or 13/52.

As a senior rider thats exactly what I wanted to hear. Down to the Beta 350/400 and the GG EC250. Getting close!

no racing for me... but we ride alot of technical single track.. have rode my 300 for about 3 years and really like it.. found a VERY nice 250 with alot of cool stuff on it so i bought it.. the 250 is a very cool ride.. have not run into a situation it could not handle..

i did put a fww on it, but that is about it..

i actually think my next bike may be a 200..but i am a small guy ..

the 2 bikes are within a couple hp of each other.i find the 250 has a sharper,longer powerband than the 300,where the 300 will need a little less clutching on a very steep very technical climb.both bikes are capabile of doing whatever the other does,but the 250's strong point is its powerband,and the 300's is its grunt imo.

thanx a lot guys for the good opinions. but I finally found one ec250 to test it. a 2010 model, and road it yesterday for 3-4 hours on some track were I used to rode my old (2007) ec300.

yes, it's not enough to have a very good and complete opinion about the way it work, but what I felt was: easy to handle, a better speed becouse I could pull the throttle more than on 300, but in tehnical stuff - rocky climb, long aggressive climb on strong ground and dust and strating from short I had to worked more with the cloutch and gear shift (2-1,1-2) than with 300. And one think I didn't like is that in all this time 250 almost sucked all the gas !!! probably that it need more power and throttle more open than 300 everytime.

so... I might go again for 300, but 250 is very ineresting to ride