Sign in to follow this  

125 for training/practice?

I've been thinking of getting a 2nd bike as a loaner/beater/winter bike and bringing it with me to events to steal parts off if the need arises. I had my first DNF this year due to a rear tire issue that I could not fix. After driving 12 hours to get to the event it was a letdown.

Anyway, I was thinking of getting a 125 a few years old, what are they like to ride? I was thinking it might teach me a thing or two? I weigh 190 or so, but I rarely grab more than 1/2 throttle on my 300 anyway.

Thanks and regards,

Jon

Seems like most folks love them for training. I think going back and forth would be tough though. Let us know how it works if you pull the trigger on one.

Seems like most folks love them for training. I think going back and forth would be tough though. Let us know how it works if you pull the trigger on one.

I was thinking it might be tough to go back and forth. I also worry that I will ride better on it, and the 300 will become redundant!!!

Going back to a big bike after a 125 isn't a problem at all, I've done it many times. A 125 would also be a great loaner bike and will help keep the new riders out of trouble. I think its a good idea.

I've never ridden a bigger trials bike, but coming from a KLX450 and several 2 stroke dirt bikes, my sherco 125 wasn't intimidating at all. so while that may not give you any insight to whether or not it will be good for you as a second bike, it will be great for the riding buddies you loan it to!