Sign in to follow this  

Score!

Just picked up a 125 and 85 both 2006's. Great condition all original parts. $1700!! I am jacked. Been on yamahas and the yamaha forum for a numbe of years.

Any favorite mods or normal stuf to look for on these rigs? Ride straight up MX fast c slow b class rider. 210 with gear. Looking forward on side to side comparisons on my 06 yz 125. Should be interesting.

Any insight or advice would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks.

DJ

1700 for both in good shape?? Oohh, you stole 'em! The 125 won't have quite as much power on bottom-end and mid-range as the YZ, but the handling is great. You'll probably need stiffer springs and a re-valve. They're pretty good bikes stock. Best bang for your buck for performance is cylinder porting and head mods (maybe pipe and reeds if you want to move power around, otherwise stock is good). Good luck, and post pics/video! :thumbsup:

Rode the 125 today at local track. Have to say I was way mad after only a few laps..................................................how is it possible that I corner better on this bike than my long time time yz 125 lady!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not cool at all I must say!! Springs light for sure, over all suspension not as good as my yz's but they are valved...Powe TOTALLY different! Much les bottem end but wow, top end screamer in comparison. Jetted with JD red needle and 420 main.