Sign in to follow this  

Why is the Pirelli scorpion MX mid soft front directional?

I try to keep my front tire to last 2 rear tire changes, so when I change the rear tire, I like to rotate the front tire. I noticed that on the Pirelli Scorpion MX mid soft 32 front tire that it is directional, but looking at the tread I cannot see why it is:confused:. I rotated it anyways, but if anyone can inform me on why it is directional, that would great! Thanks.:thumbsup:

Can not help you with the directional thing but I have them on my 2012 KTM 250sx and love them so far.

wow! That little difference makes it directional!?!?! I wonder why they didnt make that knob symmetric and have the tire bi-rotational (Is that a word?). I cant seriously believe that testing has found a difference (even very minute) to have the tire have that little notch change in symmetry and have the tire directional. The tire did hook up great when being used the correct direction...I will see how it does next ride with it on backwards.

I have that tire on my 125 and i installed it backwards once and i did not notice any difference in traction.

Those notches in those middle two knobs may be cut in so the tire will bite down into the dirt better or grab better. Other than that ....I dont see any reason why it would hurt to turn it around.

I got the same tire and I installed the wrong way ones and I noticed lots of problems, especially on hard ground. It will make the tire feel like it is flat on some ground with slopes. But that might be me since I am really sensitive with the front an motocycles.

P.S. I hope I wrote the last part wright. (translation app. might not work good sometimes)

I thought the back face of the centre knobs were sloped also.