Sign in to follow this  

XR6 spitting flames!

Dear All

My 1992 XR600R keeps missing/cutting out. I never really have the throttle flatstick, i but it seems every time I do the problem starts within about 1/4 mile.

The first sign of cutting out was when I'd cleaned the air filter and and forgot to refit the side panel. I got home, fitted the panel and it ran normally for the next 2wks. I maxed the throttle on a ride and it started to misfire. Apparently flames were coming out the zorst!

I changed the spark plus and coil and found the earth wire loose. As soon as I maxed the throttle on the next rideout it started again within 1/4 as usual. I have been recommended a mechanic but he got run down by a car and cant kick start the bike cause he still heeling and full of screws!

The mechanic suggests swapping the generator from my friends spare engine. Has anyone got any suggestions?

Fanx,

Sneaky

sounds like a carb or advance issue that would be more suited for the big bore forum

Thanks! Where is the Big Bore forum? :-/

I have fitted another stator. Bike runs as it does on the old one. I need to refit the other bits (clutch cable etc) and then go rag it to see if the misfire is still there...

I did about 80mls with the other stator fitted and the bike never missed a beat! the brake light and the horn aint working though?