Sign in to follow this  

How much on average do ya'll pay for suspension?

I know this question requires a lot more questions for me but what I'm basically looking for is having my forks revalved. I'm 180# so my springs should be good.I ride 100% MX(no racing just fun). A friend who has an '04

RM250 had his suspension done (previous owner) and when I ride his it just feels much more planted which gives me much more confidence and not near as harsh on the breaking bumps. On the straights and landings I don't notice any difference so I love it there. I'm asking because every time someone ask about mods the first thing ya'll tell them is get the suspension done. I've called PC, Factory Connection etc. and they all say anywhere from $650-1000. It just seems weird something so expensive would be the first thing recommended. My bike is an '05 YZ250. I've adjusted the clickers many times but I just can't seem to get that planted feeling in the front or get rid of the harshness of the breaking bumps.

Thanks

I paid $650 for an entire rebuild on my WR400F, including all of the bushings and seals and new oil and everything, along with re-spring and revalve for my weight. That was through a local shop as well.

Have you tried doing a full adjustment on your clickers? Ride a lap with one setting all the way out and then a lap with it all the way out? Doing this really helped me pinpoint what results I received when I adjusted what on my suspension.

The '05 forks are difficult to get right according to most riders. Jeff Slavens revalved my '05 forks and they are the best I have ever owned in 40 years of riding (yeah, I'm 59 now and having as much fun as when I was 19!) These forks have moved to my '08 YZ250F and will be going back to the '03 YZ265-WR that I'm building. I'm a 170 lb old guy who really values a good fork (I'm a 'B' level Enduro and Hare Scrambles rider). Slavens isn't cheap but he is really good.

I paid 300$ for my revalve and rebuild front and back.

I didn't need springs though, my tuner said they're good.

Springs will add a good 200$

Those prices sound right for PC and FC.

Had my 07 YZ 250 done by Smart Performance. I originally had them done by Enzo but was way too stiff and not a quality ride. Think I spent about $500 for Enzo. Smart has more mods/parts but was way worth it. There are alot of good shops and but many overcharge for simple shim swapping. Find someone you want to work with and trust because you will likely make additional changes as your riding evolves. That is what I found and couldn't be happier.

Good luck!

had mine done by c-cycle for the woods. Paid like 650 for a re-valve, re build and re-spring. MAJOR difference! every bike I race will have suspension from now on!!!

Try setting your sag to 100mm and move your forks up 4-6 mm in the clamps from the marks. That should plant the front more. I get my suspension done buy a local AA rider. Hes been on yamahas his whole life. Matt stavish Checkpoint Offroad. He has a machiene shop and makes his own parts. He knows his yamaha suspension.

I spent 6-700 with new springs and all new parts in everything.

I paid just under 400 for a rebuild and revalve for woods riding on my YZ250, including new front seals, from Tech-Care here in michigan.

They recommended a step heavier on the rear spring, which I declinded, since I'm poor and cheap. I figured I would add one later, since it's easy to do, but the tech traded out my spring for a heavier used spring for free! Woohoo!

I'm doing my own work on the suspension because I'll save a ton of money and get the same result as 750-1000$ work from the big named companies.

I'm 190lbs normally (fluctuates 10lbs +/- depending on how many times a week i go out to lunch with coworkers.).

My 2000 YZ250 has stock suspension.... for all i know. Only thing the previous owner told me was he had the seals replaced front and rear. It's wayyyyyyyy too soft for MX riding for my weight and riding style. In order to limit bottoming, i have to run my fork compression clickers all the way hard, which makes for a very unforgiving front end in the chop.

Anyways, i have a connection at RaceTech who is setting me up with discounted prices. I'm going to get new springs front and rear, and gold valves front and rear, its going to run me about 470$. Add in about 50$ and for a little over 500$ and a few hours work I'll have awesome suspension.

Here's a picture of me landing a 3 foot high kicker to flat. I bottom off of that....

FlatLand1.jpg

Thanks for the responses everyone. Looks like I'm going to have to give up some things to save my money. I know it does make such a huge difference because everytime I ride a bike with rebuilt suspension I tell myself I'm getting this done.

Thanks for the responses everyone. Looks like I'm going to have to give up some things to save my money. I know it does make such a huge difference because everytime I ride a bike with rebuilt suspension I tell myself I'm getting this done.

Think about it. All the engine mods in the world won't make a difference if you don't have the confidence to go faster on the track/trail. Suspension is definitely the best upgrade/modification you can do to your bike, as far as your performance goes on the track/trail.

I just had my suspension from my 01 yz250 revalved/rebuilt by Works Enduro Rider. I didnt get new springs , it came to $517.

after riding it , it is by far the best $$ i have ever spent on the bike , this thing just eats up the trails now , its like having a whole new motorcycle.