Sign in to follow this  

Rebuilding Stock Crank

Ok so after googling and reading and doing it again and again I am not very confident in Wiseco or HotRods cranks. I know people have had good luck with them but a lot have not. What does it take to rebuild my stock crank? I just purchased a Wiseco crank and its still sitting in the box.:thumbsup:

Take the stock crank, have a Falicon or a carillo rod and bearing put on it and call it a day. Send the Wiseco back and put money towards the new stuff. Don't forget that you'll need $150 for seals and gaskets and another $40 for main bearings.

The Carrilo rod is a great option but the rod with no bearing or bushings is $255 retail and $182 dealer. Then you got to have someone like Falicon build it and while your doing that might as well have it balances to your piston. You end up with another couple hundred in it with shipping etc. A lot better crank in the end but is that what you want?

Not sure what year you have but, try the following link to Service Honda, 2011 oem cranks are $233. Other years will have similar discounts and are probably the same part number.

http://www.servicehondapsn.com/fiche_section_detail.asp?section=1414250&category=Motorcycles&make=Honda&year=2011&fveh=39350

Honda does not offer the rod kit for rebuild. For most people, the oem crank is good. I would much rather get another oem than aftermarket.