RM65 bottom end?

My son has a friend that he rides with that i planned on taking riding next week. Well his bike wont even turn over. His dad has rumatory aurthritis (however you spell that) and cant work on it and is on disability and money is tight. If he buys the parts how hard is the bottom end to rebuild? Do I need any special tools? Im pretty good with a wrench but am buy no means a mechanic. I want to help the little dude out cause his bike is all he has. He just turned 13 and is mom has cancer and only has about 3 or 4 months to live. Life can suck but it helps if people are loving on you.

My son has a friend that he rides with that i planned on taking riding next week. Well his bike wont even turn over. His dad has rumatory aurthritis (however you spell that) and cant work on it and is on disability and money is tight. If he buys the parts how hard is the bottom end to rebuild? Do I need any special tools? Im pretty good with a wrench but am buy no means a mechanic. I want to help the little dude out cause his bike is all he has. He just turned 13 and is mom has cancer and only has about 3 or 4 months to live. Life can suck but it helps if people are loving on you.[/QUOT

Uhh i think it's roomuhtour-e. It's not hard after the second time,the first time is like losing your virginity--awkward. Just resist the urge to beat the crank w anything other than a pillow.You will need a puller to get it apart,i managed to make a steering wheel puller work. It was laying around begging to be used.Freeze the crank and bearings overnight. Get the bearings in the cases first leave the crank in freezer. Heat the bearings in the cases, Just get them a little more than warm . Put the crank in the side of the clutch first, than you should have a case half w trans and crank and an empty left side. I think you get the idea now. USE A TQ WRENCH to tighten the case halves alot of ppl crank on them hard and break s@#$.Crank seals last,don't want to melt em. research 2 stroke leak-down testing. that will need to be done after it's completely assembled--it's a must. Anyone object?? or have anything to add.

I just rebuilt my bike, first complete rebuild for me too. I have done top ends before but never a bottom end. I got a manual and some on line and phone support from a good friend. It was not near as hard as I was expecting. Take your time. Get a manual and you CAN do it. WE are here to answer any question you may have. There are allot very smart and great mechanics on here ? Oh, I didn't even use a case separator nor a crank puller, fly wheel holder not even a clutch basket holder. The only special tool I used was a flywheel puller. I also used the freezer heat method stated by usernamemx to install the main bearings and it worked like a champ.

Oh, and its rheumatoid arthritis, my mom has it and has for 30 years been disabled from it. I know what that man is going through. Poor fella has both parents in bad shape. Get that boys bike fixed for him. :ride:

I just rebuilt my bike, first complete rebuild for me too. I have done top ends before but never a bottom end. I got a manual and some on line and phone support from a good friend. It was not near as hard as I was expecting. Take your time. Get a manual and you CAN do it. WE are here to answer any question you may have. There are allot very smart and great mechanics on here ? Oh, I didn't even use a case separator nor a crank puller, fly wheel holder not even a clutch basket holder. The only special tool I used was a flywheel puller. I also used the freezer heat method stated by usernamemx to install the main bearings and it worked like a champ.

Oh, and its rheumatoid arthritis, my mom has it and has for 30 years been disabled from it. I know what that man is going through. Poor fella has both parents in bad shape. Get that boys bike fixed for him. :ride:

AHHH rheumatoid....:worthy: Yup it's just nuts and bolts,and it's not the space shuttle either....go for it.:worthy: