Sign in to follow this  

crf250r to a crf450r or newer 250 2 strokes???

alright ive got a 06 crf250r which has a full engine rebuild, jd jet kit, pro billit spark arrestor and some other things.. and i was thinking of selling it and buying either a crf450r (06-08) or a newer 250 2 stroke, i have an 03 cr250. so my question is should i keep the 06 crf250r? or should i sell it and get a newer 250 2 stroke? or should i sell it and get a crf450r? i ride mx for fun, with very little mx racing. and i ride a good amount of trails. what do you guys think? by the way i am 140 pounds, 5'11. and i am an experienced rider.

I have an 06 CRF450r and am 6' 265 pounds. Although I am not the best rider I think the 450 has a lot of power, more then most people will ever use. I would keep the 250R and get the 250 Smoker myself.

If you decide that you would rather have the 450R maybe we can work out a trade depending on what part of Washington you are in.

any other opinions? im leaning towards just keeping my crf250r but im not too sure.

Since you already have an '03 CR250 you know what the two bikes are like. What do you enjoy? What type of riding do you like most, track or trail?

My vote get a left over 2011 KTM 250SX. Great bike and great deal for an MX oriented bike or a 250XC for both track and trail. The 2011 XC has a six speed gear box

i always love the 4 strokers till repairs are due :bonk:I reckon you should go get yourself a 2 stroke :worthy:to give yourself that bit of crazy and for the tight stuff use the crf

Regards Dazza

any other opinions? im leaning towards just keeping my crf250r but im not too sure.

Sounds like you've got nice bikes now. I'd probably keep the 250F for MX, and trail ride the 250R. With the money you save, do some updates to make both bikes work better.

ya i think thats what i may end up doing.. main thing that i dont like about the 250f is the maintaince.. im hearing you have to replace the crank every 100 hours for trail riding. racing is 50-60 hours? know if you can actually go longer on a 250f crank? like 200-300? cause i know the 2 stroke can go like 400 hours if you dont race.