Sign in to follow this  

Pre race shake up in cl 21 points (b1k'11)

2011 BAJA 1000 Update

Class 21 had a seismic shift in roster this week. Max Eddy Jr hopped the fence and off of Trever Insley's 105x bike and onto Adam Neuwirth's (104x) team.

After a weird shake up in the results of the 500 on penalties, crazy Adam leads Insley, but only by 1 point. In other words, the 1000 will decide the championship. Now that Max is with Adam, odds soar in their favor especially with help from teammates Brandon Prieto and Mark Samuels.

If indeed Insley is trying to compete head to head for the class 21 series championship, the momentum just shifted against his favor.

No worries, I've heard Trev has an Ace (or 3 to be exact) up his sleeve...

...and if not, he should call or PM me!

Edited by NewMexican
Add more fuel...

There is a rumor that Saltzman's class 21 points champion team is going to be a race day sign up, if true this could really shake things up!!!!

There is a rumor that Saltzman's class 21 points champion team is going to be a race day sign up, if true this could really shake things up!!!!

I've heard there is also least one of each Class 22 & Class 30 team(s) staying under the radar that will be race morning sign-ups to remember, but they are denying it and you didn't hear that from me... :busted:

Hoping you guys could clarify the SCORE motorcycle class breakdown for me, have had little luck when asking SCORE directly and researching online.

What is the difference between Class 22 and Class 21? I ask because I see that riders are on 450s in both of them.

Are the age classes open displacement?

What is the displacement cutoff, ie the "Over" and "Under", for the two Sportsman classes?

And does anyone ever race Class 20 (<125 2t and <250f)?

Thanks!

Class 22 is open displacement, but almost everyone runs a 450. Class 21 has a 450cc limit, age group classes I believe to be open displacement, for the sportman under class the limit is 450cc and the over class is open displacement.

Class 20 is a great class to run but it seem this year none of the guys and girls showed up, we raced it 2009 and had some great battles with the other 3 or 4 teams.

Hoping you guys could clarify the SCORE motorcycle class breakdown for me, have had little luck when asking SCORE directly and researching online.

And does anyone ever race Class 20 (<125 2t and <250f)?

Thanks!

There's a misprint in the rule book regarding Class 20 causing some confusion. SCORE is aware of it.

Class 20 is 400CC or less, two or four stroke. No entries all year.

Edited by Dane LaFontaine

IFOL519 & Dane LaFontaine--thanks!

So...Class 22 is open, and effectively the "Pro" class

Class 21 is 401cc-450cc

And Class 20 is 400cc and smaller, 2t or 4t.

IFOL519--what was everyone racing the year when you guys were competing in that class?

...and sorry for the thread hijack--last question, promise!

there was some class changes last year. (twice)

it did the exact opposite of what SCORE intended to do. It became more confusing.

really C20 should be for 250cc 4T and 125cc 2T. Let's be real, there is almost no chance of an XR400, or a KTM 350 entering. But they would be legal.

In the last few years, there has only been a handful of legit entries.

Let's not even get started on the SPTS > and < debate.

Thread hi-jack continues, heck this class really doesn't count anyhow so let's discuss other options more... ...what if we just make it a two-stroke only class, same with the Sportsman class issue? :busted:

I know SCORE tried to get rid of class 21 this year and I don't know the exact reasons but it did not happen. There definitely needs to be a change though. 90% of the teams in 21 should be running 22, I mean you have a couple of them up there in the mix for top 5 overall. They should make 21 a "lites" class like the AMA has done. If you want to race a big bike then run with the big boys.

I know SCORE tried to get rid of class 21 this year and I don't know the exact reasons but it did not happen. There definitely needs to be a change though. 90% of the teams in 21 should be running 22, I mean you have a couple of them up there in the mix for top 5 overall. They should make 21 a "lites" class like the AMA has done. If you want to race a big bike then run with the big boys.

I believe some people whined and threw a fit after SCORE eliminated c21, so Sal accommodated.

I don't personally mind having a "AAA" pro class. There's no way a majority of the young whipper snappers are going to be able to compete head-to-head with the big boys like JCR and THR Motorsports. It's not talked about, but widely known, that choppers provide a significant competitive advantage. Most teams simply can't afford that luxury. I don't see a problem with a class that caters to fast teams with small budgets.

I have been shocked all year that no body has entered either a 300 KTM or Husky 2 stroke in class 20. They both are rockets and would be hard to beat in any class.

when i raced the over 50 class in 2008,we paid pro entries fees , and they considered us pro riders. the sportsman classes are divided as over/ under in displacement only, no age restrictions as far as i know.

SCORE had the moto-classes structure correct 11 months ago.

There already is a class for sub-30 year old racers not wanting to race against JCR, it's called Sportsman.

Pistol Pete might bitch about a lot but he doesn't bitch about having to race against Tavo, RG, Baldwin, or Norman.

If I had a class1 i'd love to race against Appleton, Davis, and Parkhouse.

SCORE had the moto-classes structure correct 11 months ago.

There already is a class for sub-30 year old racers not wanting to race against JCR, it's called Sportsman.

Pistol Pete might bitch about a lot but he doesn't bitch about having to race against Tavo, RG, Baldwin, or Norman.

If I had a class1 i'd love to race against Appleton, Davis, and Parkhouse.

:busted:

Just curious are the 30,40,& 50 classes considered pro or sportsman ?

All age group classes are considered "Pro." The only sportsman classes are those named accordingly: Sportsman Moto Over, Sportsman Moto Under, Sportsman ATV.