Sign in to follow this  

625 sxc running great then wont run at idle

I've got a lot to learn I know, like what is uncorking... but today I'm zippin over to ucsb for class and to check out the chicks when I'm coming up to a red light I clutch and motor dies, go to restart and battery almost acts as dead, check headlight strong beam, hit startr again, fires up. quits again, acts kinda like fuel prob, check petcock and tank good. runs with throttle, have to keep it up to get outta rush hour traffic. look her over seems ok, not overheated not outta fuel. I will check air box tonight. so to keep it running and to get to school I use choke. my

buds got a 400 and that's how he rode for months, not me, anyone got a point for meto start besides going straight to carb rebuild

I've got a lot to learn I know, like what is uncorking... but today I'm zippin over to ucsb for class and to check out the chicks when I'm coming up to a red light I clutch and motor dies, go to restart and battery almost acts as dead, check headlight strong beam, hit startr again, fires up. quits again, acts kinda like fuel prob, check petcock and tank good. runs with throttle, have to keep it up to get outta rush hour traffic. look her over seems ok, not overheated not outta fuel. I will check air box tonight. so to keep it running and to get to school I use choke. my

buds got a 400 and that's how he rode for months, not me, anyone got a point for meto start besides going straight to carb rebuild

I have an 04 SXC and have the same problem. I had the idler jet replaced a few months back and it was running great. Then the problem came back. i have the bike in the shop now trying to get it fixed again. It has to have something to ddo with the carb. I'll post up if and when I figure it out.

something is most likely clogging up your pilot jet. I would do a real good job cleaning that carb and the intake, air box and filter. Also make sure the tank is clean with good gas.