A fairly big older guy ride at Nemadji.

Ever think some folks just want to ride 4 strokes? Like you want to ride 2's? For the most part, talent prevails over which bike you ride. I ride a "failed experiment" and love it. That's coming off smokers from a while back. I have plenty of reasons to be on one even if that means my speed is a tad slower. I just plain enjoy it more. (as I read this back to myself it may seem I'm pissed. I'm not, just making a statement)

Rabbitracer, did you end up riding nemadji on sun? I'm just curious if you were in one of the many groups I came across.

Nine guys showed up. Lots of traffic. Silly diesel riders couldn't keep up with the two guys on their cheap two strokes.:bonk:

A diesel is technically a 2 stroke... :busted:

I don't think the bike has anything to do with the riders ability to keep up - some people like me are still slow on a 2 stroke or a 4 stroke. :busted:

Ever think some folks just want to ride 4 strokes? Like you want to ride 2's? For the most part, talent prevails over which bike you ride. I ride a "failed experiment" and love it. That's coming off smokers from a while back. I have plenty of reasons to be on one even if that means my speed is a tad slower. I just plain enjoy it more. (as I read this back to myself it may seem I'm pissed. I'm not, just making a statement)

Rabbitracer, did you end up riding nemadji on sun? I'm just curious if you were in one of the many groups I came across.

Actually all these guys are good riders. That they choose to ride suboptimal bikes is their problem. :busted:

Ever think that some guys just like to chop on four strokes?

There are some good reasons to do so you know.

In all fairness. I have bought a four stroke bike regularly since the eighties. My last new one was in 2003 and the last used one I bought in 2008. In the last ten years I've had a 250(blue), a 450(red) and a 525(orange).

I remain totally unimpressed. I've sold all my off road diesels.

I do have one road diesel that started life as an off road bike. Seee.

I like 2 strokes because I crash too much to ride a 4 stroke. Kick, kick, kick, kick, kick, kick, swear, kick, kick, throw in river, go home... :busted:

No, I didn't end up going up - my riding buddy bailed, didn't know who else would be up there for sure...missed some good riding, I would guess?

I'm undecided on the 2T vs 4T debate. So far, I think I'm a slower 2T rider, but I also went backward a few years back in suspension...I'm giving it another year and a a little suspension rebuild to really see. So far, I like the fact that I barely have to remember to check anything on the smoker - mix your oil, clean the filter and run it!

Two strokes can be changed a great deal with setup. Unfortunately, unless to do a lot of testing, you end up with an infinite amount of wrong settings.

But once you get a lot of those settings something like right. You're rockin'.

I like 2 strokes because I crash too much to ride a 4 stroke. Kick, kick, kick, kick, kick, kick, swear, kick, kick, throw in river, go home... :busted:

Holy shit you fossils should get off those ancient diesels and ride a new one...shit even new 2 stokes have magic buttions...Oh thats right I forgot all you dumb ass yamaha die hard fans can't figure out why orange and now blu/yellow are better...Would love to ride with all you guys even though there may be some differences on preference...

Holy shit you fossils should get off those ancient diesels and ride a new one...shit even new 2 stokes have magic buttions...Oh thats right I forgot all you dumb ass yamaha die hard fans can't figure out why orange and now blu/yellow are better...Would love to ride with all you guys even though there may be some differences on preference...

lol did the fumes from the new plastic on your bike make you post this :busted:

Meh. I had an '03 KTM525. It had a button. It worked fairly well until the going got really technical. Then you wondered who was the giant fat guy who hopped on the back of your bike.

One day I rode it at Zone #33 right after riding my YZ. I was amazed at how heavy it felt. I never rode it again.

• 3 weeks later...
i'm thinking i might go up on friday its suposed to be really nice for the next few days. is there snow on the ground up there right now?

I think they're all hibernating already! I would normally be the guy trying to get out and ride into December, but my stuff is stored and getting ready for winter rehab. Let us know how the riding was if you made it up there?