Sign in to follow this  

mx-tech spring rates

I bought a used set of forks and shock that have been revalved by mx-tech...the sticker on the forks states .48 fork springs, a 5.4 shock spring, and suggests 275 cc of oil...I've checked race tech's spring calculator and have talked to factory connection as well and I'm getting varying spring rates for my selected weight and riding style...I've heard that mx-tech's spring rate calculator is off...so is there anyone who could suggest the weight range for these springs? They're in amazing condition inside and out...from the suggested oil level I'm guessing they're setup for the woods as well! Thanks guys!

2001 CR250...stock .44 / 4.9

FC suggests for 215 lb woods rider - .46 / 5.4

Race Tech suggests - .49-.50 / 5.5

I bought a used set of forks and shock that have been revalved by mx-tech...the sticker on the forks states .48 fork springs, a 5.4 shock spring, and suggests 275 cc of oil...I've checked race tech's spring calculator and have talked to factory connection as well and I'm getting varying spring rates for my selected weight and riding style...I've heard that mx-tech's spring rate calculator is off...so is there anyone who could suggest the weight range for these springs? They're in amazing condition inside and out...from the suggested oil level I'm guessing they're setup for the woods as well! Thanks guys!

2001 CR250...stock .44 / 4.9

FC suggests for 215 lb woods rider - .46 / 5.4

Race Tech suggests - .49-.50 / 5.5

So what you have splits the middle. Perfect. Don't bother splitting hairs regarding spring rate - you're talking about <5%...measurement error is at least that much.

JayC

std fork springs and the 5.4 rear you have

that kind of oil level would say to me those forks have the mx-tech huck valve installed, this occupies space in the bottom of the tube hence the lower oil level.

that kind of oil level would say to me those forks have the mx-tech huck valve installed, this occupies space in the bottom of the tube hence the lower oil level.

hvalve2.jpg

nope didn't see it...my minds kinda blurry all I remember is seeing something electric blue at the bottom of the compression stack...