Sign in to follow this  

SPY PHOTOS: Test Mule Spotted last weekend at an event in Italy.

So Husky is going to change the name to YZ? :thumbsup: Way to go, Husky/BMW! It's cool to see a company pushing forward with 2t tech. Raise your hand if you ever dented the pipe on a 2 stroke! This idea looks like it puts the pipe out of the way of obstacles! Husaberg ground clearance only 60 pounds lighter probably.

I saw it yesterday in an Italian on-line pub and it was about a 24 hour endurance race in Italy..... interesting.

I don't know if it's an official Husqvarna test mule of a one off ossa engine in a Husky frame.

Cylinder looks small... not sure what-to make of it.

Anyway I thought I'd post it here and see what comes of it.

Also if you look at the ossa website it's not an ossa engine... http://www.ossamotorcycles.com.au/TR280i.htm

WR200???? That would be nice if husky would come out with something similar to the ktm 200xcw.

Interesting. Does not look like the Ossa motor, intake is all different. What it does look like is the rumored all new DFI 2 stroke for 2013/14. Although I almost see a carb? Looks case reed. I like the pipe out of the way design and not sure why that was not done decades ago. Also is that a frame spare near his foot (white) is that bracing for a CTS? real hard to tell. I hope they ultimately go with the 449 style body work, at least the side panels. Just is slim, modern, and comfortable. Like the look like on the 65 version.

I apologize it's probably nothing at all... my guess is someone stuck this engine in a Husqvarna 125 frame for this 24 hour compitition.

Sorry... me bad.

keep in mind Husky Tifosi there are so many cottage shops in motorhead crazy Italia, this could be a small shop custom job.

But on the other hand...........what better a place for R&D than a 24hr race....... but I would think they would camo the machine at least a little bit.

If its just a small shop -- that is some pretty interesting stuff. I am not an expert, but that frame looks far from standard. Take a look at the white frame tube that shots down and to the right at about a 45 degree angle from the red cover. The countershaft sprocket looks like its behind this tube. Almost like a CTS??? Weird.

keep in mind Husky Tifosi there are so many cottage shops in motorhead crazy Italia, this could be a small shop custom job.

But on the other hand...........what better a place for R&D than a 24hr race....... but I would think they would camo the machine at least a little bit.

The more I think about it, the more I think this is a one off from a cottage shop, built just for this event.

Sorry to get everyone excited... and hey what do I know.

I wouldn't apologise Dale... that bike is awesome either way. Lots of cottage mfgs in Italy no doubt, but this would be quite an extreme example IMO... especially with the hidden pipe and a crazy motor. Most Cottage bikes that I have ever come across are a mix-n-match specials.... this bike seems way more R&D looking to me.

Very interesting event (mini madness!!), read the article in the magazine, wow that's the stuff we miss reading about in our US moto world. I will give a synopsis translation for interest sake. Takes place Llissà d'Amunt, a small town near Barcellona Spain. 32nd annual 24hour of ciclomotors ( Mopeds literal translation technically).

30,000 spectators, concerts, helo rides, all during the weekend of 2-4 sept. A huge enthusiastic crowd (like all moto events in Spain!!)

It was originally concieved as joke against the famous 24 hours of Montjuich world class GP road race. This years edition has been the most international, of the 38 teams 5 were international. 3 Italian, 1 Dutch,1 French. The event attracts top level moto stars like Javi Garcia Vico of MXGP fame. The winners this year were the local Taller Pelayo the top 3 were all group 3 machines. The top international team was Marotta Racing 2 of Italy finishing in 7th with as always their YZ Yamaha. Another Italian team named Team Italia finished 13th with Marotta racing 1 in 18th.

The catagories are interesting-ciclomotor size!

Group 2= air cooled up to 50cc,

Group3= liquid cooled up to 50cc,

2stroke promo cup=manual tranny up to 74cc,

4stroke promo cup=manual transmission up to 125cc

and new Green cup for electrics.

On this occaission only entries in group 2,3 and 2stroke promocup participated.

there is more but put up just the base info.

Very interesting event (mini madness!!), read the article in the magazine, wow that's the stuff we miss reading about in our US moto world. I will give a synopsis translation for interest sake. Takes place Llissà d'Amunt, a small town near Barcellona Spain. 32nd annual 24hour of ciclomotors ( Mopeds literal translation technically).

30,000 spectators, concerts, helo rides, all during the weekend of 2-4 sept. A huge enthusiastic crowd (like all moto events in Spain!!)

It was originally concieved as joke against the famous 24 hours of Montjuich world class GP road race. This years edition has been the most international, of the 38 teams 5 were international. 3 Italian, 1 Dutch,1 French. The event attracts top level moto stars like Javi Garcia Vico of MXGP fame. The winners this year were the local Taller Pelayo the top 3 were all group 3 machines. The top international team was Marotta Racing 2 of Italy finishing in 7th with as always their YZ Yamaha. Another Italian team named Team Italia finished 13th with Marotta racing 1 in 18th.

The catagories are interesting-ciclomotor size!

Group 2= air cooled up to 50cc,

Group3= liquid cooled up to 50cc,

2stroke promo cup=manual tranny up to 74cc,

4stroke promo cup=manual transmission up to 125cc

and new Green cup for electrics.

On this occaission only entries in group 2,3 and 2stroke promocup participated.

there is more but put up just the base info.

Awesome! The same spirit as the 24 Hours of LeMons, but for actual well-prepared machines.

For whatever it's worth.... checkout the engine.

testmule.jpg

Looking at the stickers ,ETC ,

I'm Guessing it was a French run thing,

I'd wondered if it was Minarelli AM 6 engined , but the drive is still on the left..

Either way probably NOT going to appear at a Husky dealers anytime soon,

Charlie