Sign in to follow this  

94 cr250 power problem help please

I recently bought a 94 cr 250 for 100 dollars its got a gold series pipe with fmf silencer but it smokes I figure I need new rings but it runs good except it has no power first gear is horrible second gear is a lil better but I cant pop a whillie ever and anything past 3/4 throttle it just falls flat on its face can anyone help me I want this bikes true.power 2 come.out

Is the powervalve operating correctly?

Get this manual.

http://www.tradebit.com/filedetail.php/9347349-honda-cr250r-service-repair-manual-1992-1996-cr250

It will tell you how to check your powervavle operation and has a good chart for jetting as well. Probably wouldn't hurt the freshen the top end, clean the carb, and re pack the silencer.

I just got it and I cleand the carb and got a new stator and plan 2 rebuild the top end but wanna get some other lil stuff done first but thank u very much and could anyone tell me y my header is blowin smoke out lile crazy in front of my motor

there's part of your problem, need to seal the head to pipe. mine uses orings and grease. get the manual and you will be heading in the right direction.

Thanks guys I just pulld it in the house 2day 2 work on it 4 the winter ill try to find a manual if I can thanks

Already gave you a link to one.

Get this manual.

http://www.tradebit.com/filedetail.php/9347349-honda-cr250r-service-repair-manual-1992-1996-cr250

It will tell you how to check your powervavle operation and has a good chart for jetting as well. Probably wouldn't hurt the freshen the top end, clean the carb, and re pack the silencer.