Sign in to follow this  

Spark arrestor options, 350SXF

Need a sparky in a few weeks. Wasn't looking to change the exhaust. Is the PMB endcap the only option? I don't need a forestry stamp, they just poke a stick in the rear of the exhaust. :thumbsup:

technically it does need the approval stamp, but who knows what the rangers do everywhere, might check with enduro engineering, see if they have one.

It's for Hare Scrambles on private land. The check is a stick in the pipe. Some races require header wrap....might be a more important requirement.

Thanks for the suggestion....strange, they only list an arrestor for the 2 strokes on the website.

Maybe I'll spring for a new slip-op. Not much more cash, maybe save a few lbs. Any idea what the stock can weighs?

Look up a product called .. dbdawg

it's an insert that reduces sound w/ minimal power reduction

& has a spark arrestor screen option . need to know your outlet dia.

much less expensive than a s/o

can be purchase @ 248-332-2440 also

Cheapest SP is a SS screen bought from either a kitchen or pluming store. Remove the end cap (drill out rivets) and placed between the cap and inside tube. Some screens had a large enough lip to use a screw to hold in place from the outside. These are tea pod strainers but have used sink drain screens in the past.

http://fantes.com/images/4474infusers.jpg

SP are old school and should not be needed with todays 4t bikes!

Pro Moto Billet makes a really nice end cap with removable screen. Not cheap though, $125. Fit is perfect and takes about 20 mins to install. I needed the same for a GP and that was the quickest and easiest solution.

Don't spend money! Like someone posted make it yourself if someone is going to do a prostate exam on your pipe with a stick:busted:

anybody got any good ideas for home made S/A for the 13 350 with the baffles removed?? i dont want to spend $130 for the pmb one and dont like the enduro engineering one. any other options?

I have been running the 13' 450sxf muffler on my 13' fe501 berg for ice racing, the stock sx muffer with the cone in it seemed a little restrictive, I removed the cone in the stock perf tube (it prys out with a screw driver fairly easy) and replaced it with the 8031 DB-dawg, it flows much better and isn't much louder the the stock muffler with the screen in it.

The insert fits inside the end of muffler and will pass a sound test and the stick test for $56 and about 30 minutes.

I have been running the 13' 450sxf muffler on my 13' fe501 berg for ice racing, the stock sx muffer with the cone in it seemed a little restrictive, I removed the cone in the stock perf tube (it prys out with a screw driver fairly easy) and replaced it with the 8031 DB-dawg, it flows much better and isn't much louder the the stock muffler with the screen in it.

The insert fits inside the end of muffler and will pass a sound test and the stick test for $56 and about 30 minutes.

Did you buy part #8031 because on there website they only have ktms going up to 2008

The 8031 is the non tappered internal insert for 2007-13' KTM SXF, I also drilled the tube and bolted it in rather than using the set screws, there no need to ever take it out and it can't rattle loose.

just looked at the db-dawg site... i like that there is another s/a option out there at half the price of others...however, for those that already meet the sound requirement and only need a s/a , the db-dawg appears pretty restricting. it aslo says it is NOT USFS approved....although i doubt anyone checking would know.

here is a link for the DB-DAWG

http://www.dirtwerkz.com/Pages/products/exhaust/dB_Dawg.html

Does the db dawg for our bikes come with a spark arrestor, cause i dont see it say that it does anywhere on the website.

The Dawg is not a s/a and even if said said USFS approvoved, it's inside your muffler, it's considerably less restrictive the the mx muffler with the stock cone welded in it, I bought mine from hyde racing.