Sign in to follow this  

New 2 Me DRZ?

About to pull the trigger on an 2009 400S, with 440miles; working on terms currently might have it by Sat afternoon.

Only thing is it has the original oil, owner states first change is 500miles?

May be splitting hairs, but before I drop a wad on this bike anything to be concerned about (I did a search and checked FAQs).

Only thing done to the bike is 606s were traded for the trail-wings.

I am a bit concerned about the shavings from break in, in the motor for that long (not really that long). I haven't had 4T bikes, but break in period for my autos has always changed out the first oil before recommended period, or 300 or so miles on performance V8s, (1st change).

Thanks, SS.

About to pull the trigger on an 2009 400S, with 440miles; working on terms currently might have it by Sat afternoon.

Only thing is it has the original oil, owner states first change is 500miles?

May be splitting hairs, but before I drop a wad on this bike anything to be concerned about (I did a search and checked FAQs).

Only thing done to the bike is 606s were traded for the trail-wings.

I am a bit concerned about the shavings from break in, in the motor for that long (not really that long). I haven't had 4T bikes, but break in period for my autos has always changed out the first oil before recommended period, or 300 or so miles on performance V8s, (1st change).

Thanks, SS.

All if any shavings will be in the filter. Not floating around.

Not many of us would ride a new motorcycle 500 miles on the oil it was sold with. But we don't really know what Suzuki did for break-in or oil change before it left the factory. It is probably fine but it is not great. What bothers me more is a motorcycle 2 years old with no oil change even if only 440 miles. Use your own judgment. How is the price?

Yes... you are....

Ha-ha, wanted to make sure the initial interval wasn't 200 miles or something.

looking into standard fixes/failures, any NooB advice is appreciated.

Thanks, SS.

Not many of us would ride a new motorcycle 500 miles on the oil it was sold with. But we don't really know what Suzuki did for break-in or oil change before it left the factory. It is probably fine but it is not great. What bothers me more is a motorcycle 2 years old with no oil change even if only 440 miles. Use your own judgment. How is the price?

+1..my thoughts exactly....when did the PO purchase it...?..Does it look like it's near new condition..?.They are low miles if it's been owned for 2 years?

Suzuki recommends the first change at 700 mi I think on my 09 sm. I did it at 50mi, 300 mi, suzuki did it at 700 mi (for warranty), then I did it at 1500, 2500, 3500.....

Price is 4K, looks new, but I haven't seen it in person (just pics). It bothers me the PO hadn't changed it yet or Air filter. More than I really want to spend but based on prices here, pretty good deal. Most change the oil right before a sale so you never know what occurred prior in terms of duration. Other thing is that people here want a same $ for an 06 and most of the stuff out there for 2500 is beat. Its always something!

SS