do ktm 150's bog more than ktm 125's ?

The 125, 144/150, 200 all share the same bottom end. Cylinders, heads, CDIs, and pipes change. Also the crank. The 125 does not have more low end than a 150 stock, it is the other way around. Some have had very bad luck with the 144 models (07 & 08). While I ran my 08 144 for the 2010 and part of the 2011 race season. My son will be doing the 24 hour race this weekend on a 150 ironman, I am not worried about the bike finishing the race.

Joe...........

If anyone is bogging a 125, or especially a 150 for that matter. Someone either doesn't understand the concept of clean jetting. Or due to improper riding technique have no business on a 2stroke competition bike. Understanding clutch and throttle control, while non only listening to the engine but feeling it. Keep the savvy rider and bike out front of those heavy things with cams...

150's have more torque. The 150 has a longer stroke than the 125 does, so you couldn't just replace a 150 crank with a 125 crank. Thats the difference in the bottom ends. The only problem I've ever experienced with the 144(08 model) was the crank bearings. The crank locked up and had to be rebuilt. Other than that, the 144/150 is probably the funnest bike I've ever ridden. They are so much less tiring than my 450. I really don't have much experience with 125's but from what I've read and seen, the 150 is more powerful throughout the entire powerband.

If anyone is bogging a 125, or especially a 150 for that matter. Someone either doesn't understand the concept of clean jetting. Or due to improper riding technique have no business on a 2stroke competition bike. Understanding clutch and throttle control, while non only listening to the engine but feeling it. Keep the savvy rider and bike out front of those heavy things with cams...

Small bore 2t's take a while to get comfortable on. A first timer, or someone coming of a 4t or 250 2t, will bog a 125/150 at first. Once you get the hang of the powerband, usually doesn't take to long, there should be minimal bogging.

Small bore 2t's take a while to get comfortable on. A first timer, or someone coming of a 4t or 250 2t, will bog a 125/150 at first. Once you get the hang of the powerband, usually doesn't take to long, there should be minimal bogging.

True, and why starting off on a small 2 stroke does make the rider more skillfull as he develops technique. I grew up on 80's and 125's. Never rode a 144/150 however. I still ride 250 2t's after owning both 2t's and a 450 together for a few years. Now, i'm back to riding only premixers of various wheel configurations.:busted: Funny. The older i get, the more fun i have with them.:busted:

150's have more torque. The 150 has a longer stroke than the 125 does, so you couldn't just replace a 150 crank with a 125 crank. Thats the difference in the bottom ends. The only problem I've ever experienced with the 144(08 model) was the crank bearings. The crank locked up and had to be rebuilt. Other than that, the 144/150 is probably the funnest bike I've ever ridden. They are so much less tiring than my 450. I really don't have much experience with 125's but from what I've read and seen, the 150 is more powerful throughout the entire powerband.

Not sure about compared to a ktm125sx(except i let a guy who had an 09 125sx try my 150sx and he was not at all excited about riding it as i thought he would be) but the 11 150sx I had did not come out of corners as hard as my yz125s do. Throttle response just is not as good as a yz125(and i tried all kinds of jetting)150sx do have a really powerful mid and top but not great throttle response compared to 125s. What i have read and experienced.