Just Ordered a Leftover, New 2011 KTM 200 XCW...Now what???

Depending on skill and weight, look into springs first and a revalve second. Jet the bike properly so buy some brass. Saftey wire the grips, add a rear brake snake. Tear the bike down and grease all bearings including steering bearings. Read your manual because some bearings are teflon and grease destroys them. Get the usual goodies like skidplate, rad guards, hand guards, heavy duty tubes. You might want to gear the bike down so put some money aside for some sprockets. That will get you started and then just go and ride. After a good solid 5hrs you should have a better idea of what you will want in the future. Taller bars, different grips, narrower bars, sliding your forks up or down, adjusting the sag, even playing with the tire pressure can determine alot.

As for me, different bike (2012 KTM 250xc) but I did a full revalve and springs, x-trig pre-load adjuster (a must for KTMs), hand guards, skid-plate, jetting, and a full regrease. The I rode and I know what I need now and what I would like in the future. I hate the MX51 front tire, like narrower and taller bars, pro taper pillow grips, putting on a steering damper tonight blah blah blah. Its just personal preferance now, but yoouu get the point.

Okay, I coulda worded that differently.?

Hee Hee, have fun with the new machine!!! Normal stuff to keep an eye on, spokes, the little bolt on the shift lever will work its way loose, that's it. I don't think it matters what you use to protect the pipe if it doesn't ding, it'll kink. Again, enjoy!

Bark busters for sure, but I doubt you "need" anything else. KTMs normally are "ready to race" off the showroom floor, just as advertised. What do others in you area use? I see lots of bikes weighed down around here with lots of rock protection stuff that is just not needed in this area. Pipe guards (either aluminum or CF) have always served me well.

The suggestion for re-greasing is interesting. I've done that before on other bikes, but my KTM was greased more than adequately when new. What have others found?

Ktm's have a higher quality package out of the creat then others, thecrease the bearings the gaskets the bars the billet stuff, the tires the rims, sprockets, they look better, from swing arm to thriple tree clamps, they are one of the best built bikes out there, bark busters because if you fall ,then you have a chance of breaking the clutch master cylinder. cycra pro bends are very nice, and a aluinum skid plate and my enduro engineering cf pipe guard has done me well.

So I just ordered a New 2011 KTM 200, what are the must haves? Skid plate? Pipe? Which ones and how do you like it? What else can I do to this thing? What do I need to know about this bike? Thanks for your input!!

skid plate,pipe guard, lean the pilot,fatten up the main . NECH or NEDH suzuki needles work great. oh!! A tugger strap works great.