Sign in to follow this  

Post-Op Clavicle ORIF Paranoia... Dr. Mark???

Hello All!

I had my right collarbone plated on 9/30/11 and I have poured through these threads over the last 4 weeks. I am just wondering why Dr. Mark's post op protocol is so different from other doctors??

I only have a intra-op fluoroscopic image as new x-rays aren't until 6 week appt.

Before: http://s1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc452/dawnjuanpaco79/?action=view&current=8-17xray.jpg

After: http://s1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc452/dawnjuanpaco79/?action=view&current=orflouro2.jpg

My doctor seemed very competent in terms of the operation, and said he has performed several hundred of them over his 30 year career. I was told to wear a sling non-stop for 2 weeks, then just "out" and at work until 4 weeks and no lifting more than a drink, and no overhead movement for 6 weeks providing there's evidence of union at my appointment. I am still stiff and a little sore from the op and my shoulder is extremely weak from the 3 months I went with a non-union, so I am very anxious to get back to my regular life with the help of PT, etc.

I have been trying to figure out why Dr. Mark's post-op method/technique is so different from anything else I can find anywhere? Obvy he's amazing!! That's clear from everything I've read. Unfortunately, I had already had the surgery before I realized he existed. ::damnit::

I couldn't find much info as to why Ti was better than SS, it was more like the surgical technique that was important... My Doc said he prefers SS. Anyhow, can anyone shed some light or float out some ideas about the discrepancy?? Does anything in my x-ray look drastically wrong or different in anyone's opinions?? I'm just wondering what all ya'll think. So... Any info is appreciated. Thanks for taking the time out to look at my post.

Dawn

The repair job seems adaquate. There is no place for buyer's remorse after surgery. It can't be undone. You have to follow your doctor's instructions.

That actually helps.

The buyer's remorse thing made me LOL. True that, true that...

Thank you Dr. - Mad props to you for replying so quickly, I really appreciate it.