Sign in to follow this  

crf250r crank an bearings??

hey i have an 06 crf250r which has a fresh full engine rebuild.. i just wanted to know about how many hours can you go total on a crank and bearings before they go out? just on average... i do mostly trail riding and mx track for fun, i almost never hit the rev limiter, and i change the oil every ride, and oil filter every other ride, and i clean the airfilter after every ride. any ideas???

The bearings last a very long time. Every once in a while, I'll pull a filter out and see some magnetic metal shavings in the filter which is an indication of a bearing going bad. Doesn't happen very ofter. Most of the time, the there's nothing wrong with the bearings when a crank is replaced, but from the crap that's running through the engine from a bad crank, it's smart to replace the bearings while you're in the engine that deep.

so about how long does the crank usually last? i change my oil every 3-5 hours and dont race.. would you guess i could go an easy 300 hours on the bottom end?

I think its impossible to answer really. Too many variables to consider.

so about how long does the crank usually last? i change my oil every 3-5 hours and dont race.. would you guess i could go an easy 300 hours on the bottom end?

Unfortunately, that's the million dollar question everyone wants to know. Hard core high level racing we were getting 30-40 hrs out of them but I've read where people are getting 200+. It all depends on so many factors that no one really knows.