Sign in to follow this  

Just saying hi, pic of my xr400

photo.JPG

Hi all. Been a while since i posted in the xr400 forum. I bought this bike in 2000 and it was a great off road bike, but finally went the ktm 2 stroke for the trails but just could not get rid of the xr. Got it street plated a few years back, did part of the trans america trail, and have slowly been getting it more and more street comfortable. Currently running a 16 tooth front and 40 tooth rear believe it or not, and it still wheelies in first and i can cruise at 75mph no problem.

Just sent my seat off to fisher seats to get it modified to 11" wide. My buddies all laugh when i ride with them on the road (they ride cruisers) but i dont think ill ever quit riding this bike. I love it! :thumbsup:

They are a fun bike on the road! I have 16/42 gearing in mine. Is first gear a little tall? I find taking off from a stop light that I have to slip the clutch.

nice looking fun bike, is that a 14.4liter clark tank? im runing 16/41 gearing but with 17" sm wheels its a lot lower geared than yours, so im changing it to 16/36 soon.

my xr440 cruises about 60mph at 6000 Rpm, and tops out at 90mph.

Yeah, thats the Clark tank. I can go about 120-130 miles before hitting reserve with the current gearing so Im pretty happy with the tank. I dont feel like first gear is too tall at least for the road. (i would definitely not want to trail ride with the current setup though.)

Should have a modified seat coming back from Fisher Seats next week so hopefully it will make a big difference in my long distance rides. Ill post some pics when i have it on.