Sign in to follow this  

Bultaco 350... anyone heard of it?!

It is an old bike company from Spain. I have ridden that bike before, just in case you don't know, that is a trials model. Good bikes.

Alex

That is a Bultaco trials bike , i had a 1971 Bultaco Alphina Trials bike (250cc) , looked a lot like that one except it was blue and silver , the shifter was on the right and the rear brake was on the left , as was the kick starter , it had a 1 piece fiberglass body which included the gas tank seat and side panels , it had polished aluminum front and rear fenders , front fender was low to the tire , it was a fun bike in its time but it was heavy compared to todays trials bikes , i think it was around 250 lbs ....... EDIT: found a picture of the 1971 Alphina , looks exactly like the one i had , the forks turned almost 90 degree's each way

M85.jpg

Edited by 450XJimDirt

yup...i know of them

saying around the camp fires when desert racing was....

too many had the front end break off

Probably because they were desert racing a trials bike.

The Alpina is more of a trail bike that looks like a trials bike. There is a reason that I never see them at vintage trials competitions. The Sherpa's are much better.

Hello juniorfab,

I have a restored one of these Bultaco model 159 Sherpa T's.

I ride it in twinshock vintage trials. Actually the last round of the season is on this Sunday.

I find the 350 two stroke engine great for this kind of work.

But for next season I hope to be riding a 1986 Honda TLR200. They are lighter and the suspension far superior to the bully's and they have brakes that work.

Be good.

brt426:thumbsup:

Its a bultaco sherpa, I used to have one, biggest pile of crap i've ever owned everything went wrong it.

I rode one of these. It had the wrong carb on it and you couldn't run it wide open for more than 15 seconds or else it would starve itself of gas. The model I rode had a fiberglass tank that would shed particles of fiberglass constantly and clog up the fuel filter. My friend ended up selling the piece of junk for an insane amount at a vintage swap meet. It was a neat bike and all but definitely not something I would ride. It was more of a display piece.

it's worth the money they're wantin', if the value is higher it might be a good buy. you would have to be a collector to know.

Here is the ad.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/mcy/2670881312.html

I saw it earlier today and didn't think much of it. Not too many people out there interested in non Pursang Bultacos. I wouldn't try to flip it unless you already have access to a surplus of parts or know someone on the hook. Based on your first post, you have neither. Buy it to ride it.

I have a collection of the motocross versions....they are fun to work on and handle great. They are easy to get parts for since there is a good following and parts are being produced. They also look good!

TaftMotocrossMarch2011JPEG001.jpg

Found this on Craigslist.... quite curious. Anyone ever ridden one? What the hell is a bultaco?!

http://yuma.craigslist.org/mcy/2665517094.html

The ad keeps saying it shifts and starts on the wrong side....well, on a Taco, it's right where it's supposed to be!

I just got a beautiful 78 Serpa T 350. LOVE it!!!!!!

The start is at an odd angle and I couldn't get in the right position to give it a left kick to start it....but it is at a good angle to kick with the right.

are there a lot of bul parts in calif. I need a tank for a 74 frontiera i inherited

Went to the Spanish Motorcycle Owners Group (SMOG) ride in Southern Illinois recently, lots of Buls and Ossa's present.

Hugh's Bultaco and SMOG would be the best places to looks for parts.

SDC10914.jpg

SDC10933.jpg