Sign in to follow this  

SouthCarolina 2011 Little Brown Jug HS

Hey gang,

The flyer for the Little Brown Jug HS is posted. This SETRA sanctioned event is put on by the Greenville Enduro Riders and should not be confused with the "Brown Jug" event that is part of the NCHSA.

http://www.setra.org/setraorg/RaceFlyers/16.pdf

This is a brand new venue and track near Laurens, SC that the club has just finished cutting in. Hope to see everyone there on December 4th! :thumbsup:

Trail looks like it will be fun . 90% in mature hardwoods and all is new . Plenty up and down but no hillclimbs or seat sucking ravines . Not many fast sections but not too much handlebar only width stuff either . Should be able to get a decent pace . Now if the weather will cooperate ...

is their a sportsmen class so you dont hav to be a member or something like that???

sounds like it will be good

how much is a setra membership?

Hey Thumper. Good to see ya' flying the Orange colors again!

I believe SETRA annual membership is $35 and according to the flyer "One day" membership is $10 - I thought it was $5. This will allow you to ride the Sportsmen/"one day" class which includes all age, displacement, and skill levels.

In the past, and I do not believe it has changed, you could also ride AA or A classes as well on the one day pass.

Hope this answers your question as well Davemac! :lol::ride:

debating on new tire ( got a knobby I was thinking of spooning on ) or well wore Michelin trials tire....

I will be there we race setra also dont forget you will have to rent a transponder to race just somthing to keep in mind. I think that is only 5 dollars to rent or 30 to buy.

@greyfox... Is there info available on the new track in Laurens? Is it open to the public? This isnt the Enoree OHV park is it?

@greyfox... Is there info available on the new track in Laurens? Is it open to the public? This isnt the Enoree OHV park is it?

No and no. It is private land that was used just this one time. Landowner was very skittish about the workers even riding it to scrub it in. I did not make the race today and only saw a little of the track one time last week due to ongoing injuries and illness. :lol:

It was a good tight course. I had alot of fun! I spoke with the land owner after the race and told him I liked the race and he seemed very positive.

Here is my helmet cam footage from the race.... just lap 1.....

http://vimeo.com/33203486

Race ended up going for 3 hours! I made it into second place in class by the end of lap 1, and pretty much stayed there to the end. My hands and arms are still sore now 2 days later

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By R1peacock
      I live in Maryland so for the most part I’m trailering 2-3 hours on average to ride.  MD is horrible if you ride anything motorized.  In the last 12 years nearly every area has been closed or governed so much its not worth to ride.  The state recently purchased and closed a 2000 acre private riding location in Garrett County.  The state will ruin that place in the end - after of course they do their 2-5 year study.  (sorry for the rant).....
      I took my kids to AOAA last week and that place kicked our butt - way too many rocks for a family ride.  FYI if you ever go to AOAA make sure you take a GPS or iPhone with a mapping application.  I thought their trail markings were horrible other than the “pink and black take me home” signs.  
      For our next ride I’m looking at Peters Mill and Taskers Gap.  Looking at the map and YouTube there seems to be a few decent trails that are rated “easy”.  I downloaded the brochure and map for the area.  Does anyone have any advice on what trail numbers we should ride (maybe a decent multi-mile loop) and what trails to avoid.  I have a YZ250FX, my son rides a KLX140L and my daughter rides a TRX250x.  We are not out to do anything technical - we just want to ride and not work too hard.  It took us all 3 days to recover from AOAA.....
      Any insight on other “family” riding areas in the VA/PA region is greatly appreciated.
      RP
    • By Repp
      I am sad to say my 2006 450 EXC was stolen from my Atlanta apartment complex  (Northside Drive) near Gatech. Thursday at 6:09 PM.  Any information that is beneficial to my Case investigation will be rewarded. 
      The silver 2015 Nissan Altima is an accomplice that initially brought him through the security gate and tried to give the thief a ski mask.
      Thank you 

• By Orangecrush574
      Just curious what riders will be at Brown & what your trail plans are as I may need a partner/partners for technical ST riding.
      Orangecrush574 (Joe Dirt)

• By Florida Gliderpilot
      Recently got into riding a dual sport.  Kinda fun being able to just hop on my KLX and explore for an hour or two but still have the option of running in a hare scramble or enduro just for self torture.
      Looking for other dual sport riders in the area to explore with.  I have a trailer so we could drag the bikes just outside of town, or just hit croom for a day now and then as well.
      I've run across a couple other dual sport guys in the area and none of them actually want to ride off road (??).  The other guys I've run into have bigger heavier bikes and are more into long highway rides and flat dirt roads .. that is not real fun on a 250.  A friend of mine mentioned somewhere south off 75 where people have been riding but I haven't been down there yet.
      I'm in St. Pete.
      Tom

• By Florida Gliderpilot
      Years ago 3 rail galvanized trailers were plentiful and I could easily find one when I needed one, but I'm having a hard time finding another used one this time.
      Anyone know where I might find a used 3 rail galvanized trailer for sale in the (west) central FL area?
      If so please PM me!
      Thanks