Sign in to follow this  

Rejetting the FCR?

I tried to find a topic or guide on it and couldn't find it. My FCR didn't come with a manual and I need to rejet the FCR are it's running too rich. How do I go about doing that?

My guess is I could leave the carb on the bike and remove the fuel bell and have access to it?

You can loosen up the clamps and turn it and you

Can gain acces but I prefer removing it rather the twisting. Easier for me.

If you have to mess with all the jets, main, pilot etc and do fuel screw I would reccomend removing it so just the cables are attached

running too rich on which circuit?

You mean like idle, mid-range and full? If I recall the main jet is for full throttle? If so, that's what's being replaced. I have a 160 in there now and I ordered a 150 and 155 we're going to throw in there and see. Our local dyno guru for the area took a look at it last night and did 3 runs. I can scan the dyno sheet if you would like.

I couldn't find any instruction manuals on how to replace the jets though?

So your local dyno guru can't help guide you thru what to change.??...Perhaps he is not such a guru after all....

Posting the dyno chart with air/fuel ratio would be helpful....and what engine mods ?

If you have an open pipe , at near sea level..the 150mj won't be in the ball park..

So your local dyno guru can't help guide you thru what to change.??...Perhaps he is not such a guru after all....

Posting the dyno chart with air/fuel ratio would be helpful....and what engine mods ?

If you have an open pipe , at near sea level..the 150mj won't be in the ball park..

He said he would charge me the flat rate as long as I did the work myself, but I could use his shop when we dyno with as many runs as needed to get it going good. He dyno'ed my FI'ed bike flawlessly with 4 extra HP just with a power commander (Ninja 650r) and done much more impressive things with other bikes.

I'll post the dyno when I get home with A/F. The jetting feels off when riding it and so does the idle. I'm at sea level with an mrd open pipe, big bore, fcr, cams.

Here's my run. 434 big bore, fcr 39mm, cams, mrd.

100-200 ft above sea level.

160 main jet

200 main air jt

EMP needle

clip 3

45 pilot jet

no pilot air jet

2.25 turns fuel screw

ap link wired

delayed 1/2 turn

Edited by UrbanTerror

Yep....install the 155mj for improvement...I always am impressed by the way the ssw/mrd holds the top end longer than other pipes...

The dyno is a test of main jet...You could ask you guru to do some mid throttle runs to check needle setting...

Just drain the bowl and take it off and should be easy from there?

I bought a 155, 150 and 145. If I don't need the others I'll sell them. Depending on which one I use I'll keep a size leaner for the summer.

Here is what he did to my 650. Perfect A/F ratio throughout the rpm's.

Edited by UrbanTerror

Loosen boot clamps and turn carb a little ,No need to remove bowl just undo plug in middle of bowl....6mm socket for main jet...be careful not to over tighten mj when installing..it needs minimal amount of torque...