Sign in to follow this  

where to send wheels?

looking to get my wheels relaced with new spokes? where's a good place with good prices to send them?

KSR Wheels :busted:

Just got a wailing deal from them on a complete laced rear wheel and front rim and spokes.

Keith there is very helpfull, knows his stuff, willing to talk, and give deals. I highly recomend him. No one elses prices were even close and it was a super fast turn around.

I did mine myself for the first time and they came out pretty good. there just a LITTLE off. i went around with bolt cutters and replaced one at a time, and put the tire on the swing arm and tightend them little by little every other one. Just an idea to save $.....

I did mine myself for the first time and they came out pretty good. there just a LITTLE off. i went around with bolt cutters and replaced one at a time, and put the tire on the swing arm and tightend them little by little every other one. Just an idea to save $.....

I just finished doing my front. Haven't done the truing yet, bikes in too many pieces to put the wheel on the forks. Pretty easy so far, don't think the truing will be too hard, it looks mighty straight spinning it.

The rear, the hub had spun a bearing so I got an assembled Taln/ Excel wheel for less than the price I could find a ub anywhere else.

They have some pretty good deals at KSR for rims and spokes laced on your hubs, I think the lacing is baically free. If I lived closer were shipping woudn't kill me I would have just went that route on the front.

The RMZ wheels do not fit on the RM 2 strokes. The 4 stroke models have larger axles.

this might sound silly, but to save time and shipping cost, can u just bolt cut the spokes to get to the hub if ur putting new rims and spokes on it anyway? instead of unthreading all the spokes?

this might sound silly, but to save time and shipping cost, can u just bolt cut the spokes to get to the hub if ur putting new rims and spokes on it anyway? instead of unthreading all the spokes?

absolutely. but, i'd recommend un-threading a few of the spokes to save in case you break any down the road you've got spares on hand. there's nothing more frustrating than having to buy a whole set of spokes just because you need 1 or 2.

absolutely. but, i'd recommend un-threading a few of the spokes to save in case you break any down the road you've got spares on hand. there's nothing more frustrating than having to buy a whole set of spokes just because you need 1 or 2.

I 2nd that for sure. I've never seen spokes for sale where you could just buy 1.

I 2nd that for sure. I've never seen spokes for sale where you could just buy 1.

Moose offers coated steel and stainless individually, as OEM replacements. They are quite popular since as you stated individuals are hard to find and many OEM's only sell as a set...

Moose offers coated steel and stainless individually, as OEM replacements. They are quite popular since as you stated individuals are hard to find and many OEM's only sell as a set...

+1 :busted: i bought 2 single spokes this year for my RM because one was bent. they were only like $2 a piece.

NICE! i really didnt want to buy a whole new set.

just keep in mind that when one spoke is damaged, others probably are too even if you can't see the damage the metal could be weakened. so doing the full set is always the safest way to go...

i did my own wheels i just took a bunch of digital pics.so i had somthing to go by.

Build the wheels yourself, not that hard. You can find this and many much more help topics at the top of every TT page under the "How Too" section.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=583471

Yes, wheels are pretty easy if you take your time and follow some guidelines.

For one, you want to measure for any offset. Meaning, the hub may be off to one side for clearance. The KX250's have about 12mm offset and alot of times people (even wheel builders) forget to put that back in which results in the wheel rubbing the swingarm.

Take photos of the wheel before you unlace it.

I use a small center punch to mark one spoke (key spoke). I put a mark near the hole on the rim and one on the cooresponding hole in the hub. Once that one spoke is in you've won 3/4 of the battle.

Sort your spokes. Sometimes one wheel has 2 different lengths. You may or may not be able to match it up. All you can do is try to build the wheel and see what happens. Spoke kits usually don't come with instructions.

Grease the threads.

Do the radial (up and down) runout first, and the axial (side to side) runout last.

You can build a stand using scrap wood. Just do your final truing on the bike.

Lots of threads on this.

IMG_0192.jpg

Jan31002.jpg

Ill be doing my spokes and tire on the rear today or tomorrow for the first time, instead of paying for someone to do it id rather put that money towards the magura clutch Im ordering.

u know what...i think im gonna try it...if i get in a bind with trueing it, im sure my bud at the local shop can help.

Finished the spokes and tire today had the drill the stock hub to fit the thicker buchannon spokes. All in all not too bad.