Sign in to follow this  

Beta 350RR

Pretty fair and complimentary test/article in the Nov. DB. But nowhere near the blatant ads for the KTM, Husa models tested. The praise for the Austrian stuff may be justified but golly gee whiz, the :busted: sure comes thru loud and clear.

Pretty fair and complimentary test/article in the Nov. DB. But nowhere near the blatant ads for the KTM, Husa models tested. The praise for the Austrian stuff may be justified but golly gee whiz, the :busted: sure comes thru loud and clear.

KTM is just a more well known brand. I hear only positive reviews about the Beta, and we've talked about the positives and negatives of them in other threads. You know as well as I that there is an entire thread on here devoted to problems people have had with the KTM 350 SXF.

Beta knows the rules.. as do you. If you want the magazine to commit to you, you must commit to the magazine. Why won't beta take out some ads, supply a range of bikes for their long term fleet and get the write up that will help them?

Beta knows the rules.. as do you. If you want the magazine to commit to you, you must commit to the magazine. Why won't beta take out some ads, supply a range of bikes for their long term fleet and get the write up that will help them?

Beta has a long term commitment with Dirtbike Magazine, and they have praised the crap out of the Beta. Whoever wrote that article was just more of a KTM fan. That's all you can really say about it.

In the last year it seems like they've had several awesome articles about the Betas with nothing but praise. :busted:

As a whole, they seem to try to stay pretty neutral. I like that about them.

Husqvarna is not Austrian btw...

Husqvarna is a German Owned, Italian Based, Swedish motorcycle company. :busted:

Beta has a long term commitment with Dirtbike Magazine, and they have praised the crap out of the Beta. Whoever wrote that article was just more of a KTM fan. That's all you can really say about it.

In the last year it seems like they've had several awesome articles about the Betas with nothing but praise. :busted:

As a whole, they seem to try to stay pretty neutral. I like that about them.

Husqvarna is not Austrian btw...

Husqvarna is a German Owned, Italian Based, Swedish motorcycle company. :busted:

I never mentioned Husqvarna.

I never mentioned Husqvarna.

HAHA! my bad man! I totally misread that. You said Husaberg!

They're Swedish too (same guys actually) :busted:, but I guess you're kinda right since KTM bought them out.

Sorry I'm being too picky here. I'm really not meaning to sound rude.

Think the mag articles are pretty accurate.

Betas are good.. the new KTM XC 350 is an awesome bike too.

I'm a Beta guy.. but I think KTM has them beat with the XC 350.

My riding buddy has really benefited with the new 350 KTM.

Think it could be the perfect Vet/Master class bike.

The Beta 350 needs to go on a diet as it's 20lbs heavier than the KTM.. both bikes are in their sophomore years so all the kinks are getting worked out.

The Beta needs a little more refinement when it comes to overall package in comparison to the KTM if we are looking apples to apples. I like to see it go FI and loose a few lbs.

Beta still wins with the Cool factor. The f'ing Italians know how to design a beautiful bike (add car, bicycle.. etc)

Fair assessment Kenaroo.

Beta is still one of the lightest, KTM just raised the bar(or.... lowered it?)... a lot . (How light can they get?!)

I, however, wouldn't mind if they stayed with a carb for another year or two. I just want to make sure that when they do, they have it set up right.

KTM riders been having issues w/ the FI and ppl keep complaining about in this thread below (of course they are talking about the SX, but I think it still applies)

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1016232

Betas definitely look the best :busted:. Also, I just want to ride them back to back and see how they handle side by side.

actually got to look over a Beta this weekend. Would have test ridden one at the poker run had his 2 demos not been spoken for. Look like a very well built bike. The dealer for them used to work for the KTM dealer and praises the Beta over the KTM (of course, he's dealing them!) I personally like the look of the new KTMs better, but the Beta was nice and definitely has the cool factor. Hopefully I'll get the chance to ride one in the spring when I look for a dual sport :busted:

Fair assessment Kenaroo.

Beta is still one of the lightest, KTM just raised the bar(or.... lowered it?)... a lot . (How light can they get?!)

I, however, wouldn't mind if they stayed with a carb for another year or two. I just want to make sure that when they do, they have it set up right.

KTM riders been having issues w/ the FI and ppl keep complaining about in this thread below (of course they are talking about the SX, but I think it still applies)

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1016232

Betas definitely look the best :busted:. Also, I just want to ride them back to back and see how they handle side by side.

As a 300cc plated bike Beta's are the heaviest, KTM then Husky. It could be heavier but feel lighter when on the trail. Still a great bike and weight should not be a factor in buying.

As a 300cc plated bike Beta's are the heaviest, KTM then Husky. It could be heavier but feel lighter when on the trail. Still a great bike and weight should not be a factor in buying.

Really? I mean they're the only ones that produce any plated bikes in the 300cc range I guess, so you're right, but I come from a Honda background, so anything is light for me :busted:.

All the 350's are light, so yeah... weight isn't that big of an issue. Weight distribution is a bigger issue. You want it lowwwwwwww....

Offroad Beta's are mid pack in the weight and should be near the top for handling. This is based on the history of the Beta bikes.

Speaking of weight... I officially would rather ride my Beta supermoto on the MX track than my 2004 Honda CRF450R even though the CRF450R weights ten pounds less (dry).

I just went out and rode my CRF after not being on it for a while (broken collar bone, then refractured it). It feels sooo much heavier, and it's sooo much harder to ride! Once you get used to the Beta's handling, it's hard to ride anything else.

I would be very surprised if an XC350 ktm is 20lbs lighter than an RR350 Beta. Very. But if it was I would still go Beta. I have seen too many uncalled for problems with later model ktm's for me to trust one. Now if I can just find a 350RR/400 and get a reasonable deal. Yes Jeff, you could consider that a hint.

I would be very surprised if an XC350 ktm is 20lbs lighter than an RR350 Beta. Very. But if it was I would still go Beta. I have seen too many uncalled for problems with later model ktm's for me to trust one. Now if I can just find a 350RR/400 and get a reasonable deal. Yes Jeff, you could consider that a hint.

You've asked about the Beta 350. Not that I can get one right now :busted: .

Speaking of weight... I officially would rather ride my Beta supermoto on the MX track than my 2004 Honda CRF450R even though the CRF450R weights ten pounds less (dry).

I just went out and rode my CRF after not being on it for a while (broken collar bone, then refractured it). It feels sooo much heavier, and it's sooo much harder to ride! Once you get used to the Beta's handling, it's hard to ride anything else.

Heard the same from a friend this week who was asked to ride the upcoming Baja 1000 on a Honda 450X. He's had some practice on the bike already. I asked him what he thinks compared to his 2011 Beta. He actually said he "hates the Honda in comparison to riding his Beta", and he feels "the Beta is a much better bike.". Wow, pretty strong words. I've ridden Hondas for more than half my riding life, and never would have imagined hearing something like this. Perhaps one is good for Baja and the other for single track. I can't imagine Honda won't study these Betas and come out with an X that will be comparable or better in the future. Had my Beta out today, and do like it better than any CR or YZ/WR I've ever owned. Interesting times.

Heard the same from a friend this week who was asked to ride the upcoming Baja 1000 on a Honda 450X. He's had some practice on the bike already. I asked him what he thinks compared to his 2011 Beta. He actually said he "hates the Honda in comparison to riding his Beta", and he feels "the Beta is a much better bike.". Wow, pretty strong words. I've ridden Hondas for more than half my riding life, and never would have imagined hearing something like this. Perhaps one is good for Baja and the other for single track. I can't imagine Honda won't study these Betas and come out with an X that will be comparable or better in the future. Had my Beta out today, and do like it better than any CR or YZ/WR I've ever owned. Interesting times.

I still marvel at the level of owner satisfaction Beta riders have overall. I say it's like apple Iphone users. It's kind of close to addiction level. I know it's just a dirt bike and all dirtbikes have their problems blah blah blah... but I just rode my bike yesterday in some pretty slick difficult challenging stuff.....and I just love the bike....and I don't even have the newer generation!!! That one's better!!!:bonk::busted:

I love that buzz you get when you've ridden and it was good. It's like a buzz in your chest and you're a little more on point. Your eyes see a bit sharper and your reflexes/muscles are a little more tensed.... The body is tired but energized at the same time .:busted:

Exotics have always been "love them" or "Hate them", somewhat cult following and the na-sayers get crushed/hushed.

Getting kinda philosophical here. Wish you guys would identify your bike when you speak of it.

Sorry.. 2009 Beta 525 RS.

,,,.new..just got it:

http://www.youtube.com/user/woodsrider117#p/u/2/CjoMGAlIDYw

More recent:

http://www.youtube.com/user/woodsrider117#p/u/7/A3ezpomFP9Y

http://www.youtube.com/user/woodsrider117#p/u/13/4RTSUe5URHA