Sign in to follow this  

Happy with Lexx slip on!

Searched around here for a while about quieter pipes and the Lexx MXE got good reviews from most people and the price is fantastic. Put in on today as it came out of the box and am very happy with the noise and performance. Installation was a piece of cake and fit / finish were top notch. Installed it on a 2003 YZF with a 290 Athena kit. I have ran the stock pipe, a Yoshimura that was on it when I bought it and the Lexx. Stock pipe seemed to have more bottom/midrange power. Yoshimura didn't really kill the bottom or mid but it seemed to favor more top end power plus it had a spark arrestor so I ran it most of the time but I didn't like the noise and didn't want neighbors to get really sick of me. Lexx seemed to have less bottom/mid than the stock pipe and didn't seem to hurt top end at all. Ran it with the same jetting It is a little rich on the needle but it was on all three pipes. I've been waiting on the weather to get like it is now to get it jetted really crisp as it sucks here in the summer. All in all a fantastic slip-on for performance and price! Thanks to all who posted on it. Clay

Don't just take my word for it - search for other's experiences with it also. It looks like mostly WR owners install them and are very happy with the power increase. The few YZF owners seem to be like me - very happy with the reduced noise and not really much if any change with the power. Clay