Sign in to follow this  

85sx constantly fouling plugs? please help!!

So my little brother rides a ktm 85sx and i do everything too look after it for him but when we took it to the track the other day it wouldnt start, changed the plug to a not new but almost new plug and it still wouldnt start, changed it to the plug it had in it allready and it started. Today we took it too the track and it wouldnt start, put a new plug in it and fires up first kick. Does a few laps and the bike just dies, when trying to push start it it ALMOST gets there but just dies. Any ideas please??

Jetting? Premix too rich? He ringing it out? My 02 RM250 was fouling plugs literally every ride, turned to that there was a crack in my reeds, which was causing my plugs to get caked with oil.

I think it might be the jetting, premix is 40:1 like the manual says i think im gonna try the jetting I've never done it before, i put a plug in it just then not a brand new one again and it fired it up then died and had oil all over it. There is a LOT of oil coming out of the silencer as well so what do you suggest i do with the jetting?

Problem solved, first time ive attempted a little bit of jetting leaned the air screw even sounds so much better then before

Hi im new here , recently ( about a month ago ) i bought a ktm 125 sx 2000 model for £900 and have had to fix the exhaust , back wheel and changed the plug on it but yesterday my friend was out on it and it just died ... he said it just bogged out but the bike is getting very very low compression so im thinking the piston and or rings have went , YOU CAN ALSO KICK THE KICKSTART ALL THE WAY TO THE FOOT PEG THATS NOT RIGHT EH ? was just wondering if any1 could help me out , do you need to re-sleeve the barrel every time you change the piston ? please get back to me as soon as possible because im really gutted after just spending like a grand on it n it to be sitting like that thanks in advance.