Sign in to follow this  

kx250 for trials

what are these like for trials? just bought one for motocross but my mates got some buddys down the pub who ride trials and to be honest i'll ride anywhere i can. just wondered what i need to know if i wanted to take a bike like this out etc.

well you may not clean each section without putting your feet down but you will be the only rider shifting up through whoop sections of the course

are you talking trials or do you mean trails.....theres a huge difference here...

hi guy, actually I set my kx250 05 for woods riding (european enduro) and it works great.

I'm not a novice (I raced in italian enduro championship) and I replace fork&shock with marzocchi 45mm and Ohlins, put a FMF quiet silencier, a spacer between carb and cylinder, glideplate and radiator guards, 18inch rear rim.

and some other bling candy...

I also choose a richer needle

Standard gearing (13-51)

are you talking trials or do you mean trails.....theres a huge difference here...

Actually, trIals is a term for a harescramble type race, depending on where you're at. Then you have trials of the little sherco type bikes. It a weird world.:busted:

to the OP, get the suspension dialed in for you for MX, then soften it WAAAAY up for HS. Don't for get to write down the MX settings. It worked great for us on our bikes for the last couple HS's we did. Otherwise, we're strictly MX.

But I will say the KX250 will never handle like that 2010 GASGAS I rode.

lol, i'm not thinking of trying to ride my kx up a pile a cable spools.

if that was the case i was going to highly advise against it, but for HS you couldnt choose a better steed.