Sign in to follow this  

09 ktm 250xc

I'm a long time 2stroker looking for some info from you KTM experts. I'm looking at a 2009 KTM 250XC. It's very clean and about half the price of a new one. It seems like a "no brainer" but I'm doing my due diligence. Are there any significant differences between the 09 and 2011 models? Anything out of the ordinary that I should be on the lookout for? Should I hold out for a 300? Was this the most "off road" 250 that KTM offered in 09? Thanks for your help.

Great platform and 09 is a good year. Of course the 2011 will be better. chassis changes, 6 speed now, body change, susp upgrades, but is it really worth it when you can pocket a good bit of coin. Nothing wrong with the 09 if it has been taken care of.

Unless you are a HP junkie, ride at high elevations, or just want a 300, the 250 will be a good bike.

I'm a little concerned about the "semi close ratio" five speed tranny. We quite often have to do 15-20 miles of logging road to get to our favorite trail heads. I would like to be able to cruise at 60mph without having it pinned. Maybe an XC-W would be better or a 2011.

the xc-w has a noticeably longer top gear, but 60mph should be no issue at all. I have a 2008 300xc and I have never clocked the bike, but there is no question in my mind that it would cruise at 60 mph w/o issue.

Thanks, I appreciate it. Does anyone know what year they introduced the dual ingnition mapping (two wires that change mapping) and the adjustable power valve?

I believe the dual map was 2007...the 08-09 definetly have it. And not sure about the power valve but 08 has it

Edited by 05victorylly