Sign in to follow this  

CR 250 front brake caliper

Caliper did not change during that period, however the caliper bracket changed on the 04-present due to the mounts on the forks being changed.

I don't think so because the width of the 02-07 swingarm at the pivot is

195mm vs 190mm on 00-01. Also the bracket on the bottom of the swingarm for the linkage is different, 40mm on 02-07, 46mm on 00-01. Stay with the 01swingarm so that you can use the earlier style rear brake caliper, the larger caliper/pads from that generation are more resistant to heat fade.

I don't think so because the width of the 02-07 swingarm at the pivot is

195mm vs 190mm on 00-01. Also the bracket on the bottom of the swingarm for the linkage is different, 40mm on 02-07, 46mm on 00-01. Stay with the 01swingarm so that you can use the earlier style rear brake caliper, the larger caliper/pads from that generation are more resistant to heat fade.

Actually, I just bought a 2003 250r complete rear brake set up...master/caliper/line etc. Im hoping that its going to bolt right on to my 2001 frame/swingarm.

The 2002 swingarm is lighter and stiffer that the 2001 swingarm, thats why I was asking.

You may like the 02 up style rear brake system if you are not aggressive with the rear brake or a brake dragger. IMO the rear system on 02 up Hondas are the bike's weak link.

If you do decide to use the newer brake system then you'll need to use the 02 up swingarm in order to mount the rear caliper carrier.

You may like the 02 up style rear brake system if you are not aggressive with the rear brake or a brake dragger. IMO the rear system on 02 up Hondas are the bike's weak link.

If you do decide to use the newer brake system then you'll need to use the 02 up swingarm in order to mount the rear caliper carrier.

I may just use the 2003 master cylinder and have to stay with the 2001 caliper.

I may just use the 2003 master cylinder and have to stay with the 2001 caliper.

That should be the way to go if you're using the 01 swingarm.

That should be the way to go if you're using the 01 swingarm.

Thanks chopper for the help!

BONUS QUESTION:

Will a 2002 or newer Rear hub fit my 2001 axle and swingarm??

Im going to build a 18" wheel and I know that the 2002 Rear hub is lighter than the 2001, but I dont know if a newer Rear hub will fit the 2001 axle and swingarm.I think the 2005 Rear hub became lighter yet.