Sign in to follow this  

Which should i buy? 09 KX450f or 09crf450r

Im getting ready to purchase a new bike and I love the 2006 KX450f i have, all my buddies have 03 CRF450Rs and they have alot more power than mine. So, Im stuck between the 2, I love the KX because of the smooth ride and the look of it but Honda has the power hands down. Im not sure how the newer ones will be, Im gettin a 09 F/I model of one. Thought Id get a few opinions on here before spending $ on the "wrong" bike. Thanks

I'll repeat what I said in another thread...

I have a 09 crf450r and love it. can't imagine a better bike for me. but, it's not the best bike for everything, none are. it isn't as high speed stable as the others, because it's a very light, nimble, and sharp turning bike and you can't have 1 bike that's the best at both. I do hit 5th gear on open trails and it does fine because I lowered the rear, that took the twitchy out.

If your mostly riding tight tracks or smaller trails, I recommend it. If your riding big tracks or wide open high speed trails, you're better off with something else.

to sum it up...It would be the last bike I would get for desert, but the first for tight stuff.

I'll repeat what I said in another thread...

I have a 09 crf450r and love it. can't imagine a better bike for me. but, it's not the best bike for everything, none are. it isn't as high speed stable as the others, because it's a very light, nimble, and sharp turning bike and you can't have 1 bike that's the best at both. I do hit 5th gear on open trails and it does fine because I lowered the rear, that took the twitchy out.

If your mostly riding tight tracks or smaller trails, I recommend it. If your riding big tracks or wide open high speed trails, you're better off with something else.

to sum it up...It would be the last bike I would get for desert, but the first for tight stuff.

dial in the suspension .... fit a scotts stabilizer or similar

you are now ' high speed stable '