Sign in to follow this  

How fast have you went?

Today I took the GPS out to the trail just to see what speeds I did.When I'm on the bike it dosen't seem like I'm travelling very fast at all.So I wanted to know for sure where I was at.On an open stretch I managed to get her up to 68MPH,she could have done more but the road wouldn't allow it.I'm running a 12/47 ratio and didn't realize I was going that fast.With this ratio I figgure I could hit 71-72 on a good stretch,at 68 It was winding up pretty good.

only time i was able to open up my 500kx I got to 85mph than chicken out to push it any further.

Got my KTM 525 up to 103 on pavement and 98 on dirt. Had my 99 KX 310 up to 81 on dirt.

Ed

Honestly don't think i would have the nerve to go past 85

Got my KTM 525 up to 103 on pavement and 98 on dirt. Had my 99 KX 310 up to 81 on dirt.

Ed

98 on dirt sure is interesting huh. there is a video on you tube of the bmw hp2 team at erzberg doing 114 in dirt and not as smooth as a fireroad.

145 on my ZX6R

That's cheating..

I was biting my fingers, he didn't state "what kind" of bike.:busted:

I quit looking at 150, held it on the stop for a few more seconds, then shut it off, nuf for me.:busted:

That's cheating..

I was biting my fingers, he didn't state "what kind" of bike.:busted:

I quit looking at 150, held it on the stop for a few more seconds, then shut it off, nuf for me.:busted:

2-up, I forgot tonsay. My old lady likes speed. :bonk:

98 on dirt sure is interesting huh. there is a video on you tube of the bmw hp2 team at erzberg doing 114 in dirt and not as smooth as a fireroad.

It is interesting and after thinking about it I have gone faster on a dirt road on a bike, I took a friend of mine's 950 KTM adventurer down a dirt road and hit 110 for a moment and the bike had 1 more gear. I did shift it into 6'th but didn't go anyfaster cuz that was fast enough LOL. That bike was alot different than my 525 and at that speed the weight made it feel better than my 525 at 98. My 525 is much more like your DRZ, I have taken it to 95 more than a few times though. I really don't think it's good for me to have a 100mph dirt bike but you only live once LOL.

Ed