Sign in to follow this  

So Cal Mechanic Recommendations??

Looking for a good, dependable and expensive (well, I guess for the first two, you have to have the last...) mechanic to go over my newly purchased 2005 450x.

Bike runs OK, sometimes hard to start, not sure what jetting, ect has been done by the previous owner. I feel like it just needs a bit of knowledgeable and skillful TLC to make it rip. I have neither the time, knowledge nor the skill to tear into this thing. From past experience , when I go near something with a wrench, it just gets more expensive to have someone else fix my 'fixes.'

So, can anyone recommend a good, dependable (yes, and probably expensive) shop in the Southern California area, preferably located near Pasadena?

Thanks!

Not near Pasadena, but is an X expert, and very low pricing.

www dot asracing dot com

:busted: I'm in another state and i sent him my motor!! Got the works done!!

Only 30 minutes away in Santa Clarita , give them a call 661 ********* for the best work on CRFs in So Cal

Not near Pasadena, but is an X expert, and very low pricing.

www dot asracing dot com

x3...

Thanks to all for the recommendations!

Took my CRF 450x - nicknamed Mid-Wife Crisis - to Paul at AS Racing, and couldn't be happier with the results. Though the bike is a 2005 model, it feels brand new! And I didn't even have to lie about the cost of the work to my wife.

I will add my personal recommendation of AS Racing, a top quality shop indeed!

Good to hear! My motor rocks. He just did a revalve on my suspension. Should have it Monday. I've been with Precision Concepts for years, decided to give it a shot. I've heard good things about his set up.

Good to hear! My motor rocks. He just did a revalve on my suspension. Should have it Monday. I've been with Precision Concepts for years, decided to give it a shot. I've heard good things about his set up.

Judging by your signature, you bike will be very similar to mine. Just got the '02cam and stage three porting, and after adjusting the jetting, IT FRIGGIN' PULLS MY ARMS OUT OF THE SOCKETS.

It's faster than my '08 KX450!

Still quite a bit heavier, but I can ride it as fast... (just not as long!)..

Yes Krannie the bike pulls hard. I love it. The weight is a good thing in most instances except when you have to pick it up.