Sign in to follow this  

03 CR 250 rear brake problem

Need a little help on this.

I recently pulled my rear wheel to mount a new tire. While the wheel was off I also replaced the rear brake pads and decided to bleed the rear brakes because the fluid looked pretty bad. I have tried to bleed them with the brake pedal and the bleeder valve and also reverse bleed them with a pump and reservior filling the master cylinder/reservior from the bleeder valve on the caliper. The reservior fills with oil and bleeds the air out but I have no pressure on the brake pedal. I've tried everything several times and never had any issues bleeding brakes on any of my other bikes. Any suggestions?? The local shop told me to rebuild the master cylinder but It worked fine before I tore it apart, other than the worn tire and worn out pads....

Thanks for the help.

what procedure are you using to bleed the caliper? with bleeder closed and reservoir full pump the pedal 3 times and hold- then crack the bleeder and shut it without releasing pressure on the pedal? repeat a few times and you should be good.

I went back to the shop and figured it out. I used a mighy-vac pump and pulled a vaccum on the bleeder valve on the caliper. I pulled all the air out of the line and kept filling the master cylinder with dot 4 at the same time. Cant figure out why it wouldn't bleed all the air out pushing oil into the system from the caliper?

It's nice to work on something for a few hours and get frustrated and walk away...then come back the next day and figure it out in a few minutes.