Sign in to follow this  

Question regarding Reklus

Hi,

I'm considering buying the Rekluse and I wonder:

Is the z -start any good? Which type would you recommend?

And I suppose the clutch is identical from 99 and up?

Do I need a clutch cover as well?

Thank you,

I have the Z-Start Pro on my 05 YZ250 and LOVE it. It changes the bike completely and makes is a total woods machine. Stock clutch cover on mine.

Hmmmm, then you may not like it. I bought my YZ with it already installed so I can't give you a before and after, but all the comments I've read about the auto-clutches seem to agree that they soften the hit ever so slightly. For me in the woods it is perfect, but for an MX track bike you may not like it.

Thank you for answers!

Hmm, okey. I'm not having any problems, just found a used one on ebay. I thought it might be better to ride track when using rear brake and gearing without pulling the clutch all the time...

So the z start is a different one than the z start PRO (which has the override)

Thank you for answers!

Hmm, okey. I'm not having any problems, just found a used one on ebay. I thought it might be better to ride track when using rear brake and gearing without pulling the clutch all the time...

So the z start is a different one than the z start PRO (which has the override)

Doesn't sound like you would use any of the benefits of a rekluse.

But lets face it, on a yz250, which I've had a couple, you are going to use the clutch at the track. The rekluse helps you at slower speeds and in technical terrain, mainly offroad.

a yz250 requires lots of throttle and lots of clutch. You need to keep the engine revving a bit while still controlling the power going to the ground.

If you do want to get one, get the exp 2.0 or the z-start pro so that you can have your clutch override.