Sign in to follow this  

Nevada Trail riding in this area

Please note were not limited to nevada. Well some of my friends and I are planning to come out here next summer and are looking for some places to ride. Several questions like do you need to stick to trails or can you just go out into the desert(not like get lost or anything we would be responsible) or do you have to go on trails and if so how crowded are they and if possible name some good ones. Thanks :busted:

Lol thanks for that you just made it even harder now. I was looking at a place called jeans dry lake bed. It dosn't look to crowded at all and looks a little bit better for beginners (2 friends where taking) but they also have some more trails along the rims of it that are intermediate i heard. It looks like theres soo many great places to ride but I can't pick and choose cause i want them all lol.

Several questions like do you need to stick to trails or can you just go out into the desert or do you have to go on trails and if so how crowded are they and if possible name some good ones. Thanks :busted:

There are "Open" areas where you can ride cross country but they are either sand dunes or open race areas that are hammered to death. Otherwise you must stick to roads. There are actually very few "trails" as in single track.

I have thousands of miles of GPS tracks in California and Nevada posted on GPSXchange.com.

Are you plated? How much gas range? If not plated and small tank, you are stuck with small OHV areas that are packed on weekends.

There are "Open" areas where you can ride cross country but they are either sand dunes or open race areas that are hammered to death. Otherwise you must stick to roads. There are actually very few "trails" as in single track.

I have thousands of miles of GPS tracks in California and Nevada posted on GPSXchange.com.

Are you plated? How much gas range? If not plated and small tank, you are stuck with small OHV areas that are packed on weekends.

We found a relativly big place that isn't ridden in much said a person I talked to about it. And were going non street legal bikes with oversized tanks.

Lol thanks for that you just made it even harder now. I was looking at a place called jeans dry lake bed. It dosn't look to crowded at all and looks a little bit better for beginners (2 friends where taking) but they also have some more trails along the rims of it that are intermediate i heard. It looks like theres soo many great places to ride but I can't pick and choose cause i want them all lol.

Jean can be as easy or as hard as you want it to be. If you stay on the lower elevations it's not to technical with lots of sand washes and never ending whoops with some hand stand "G" outs every so often while dodging some rocks. If you go up into the mountains especially the upper ridge lines it is not for the faint of heart and you will pay huge for any mistakes! Jean is one of our favorite places to ride and if you need a trail boss when you get here shoot me a PM.:busted:

not sure where countdown rides at but, there is plenty of places to go, east or west sides of the highway. Plenty of single track on either side, and as RMZpegger said you can make it as easy or hard as you want. If rmzpegger cant make it shoot me a pm and I will show you around...

There is also Nelson hills on the other side of the mountains from Jean, that you can ride to searchlight on mostly single track, If you really feel up to it, ride to Laughlin, with most of it on single track...or stay in Nelson Hills and play, again as easy or hard as you want it. Both Nelson and Jean are not that busy of places.. you do have to stay on the trails at either of them,