rich or lean xl 600??

I took the bike for ride for the first time in a couple of weeks. The temp was 8 degrees and the bike has never run better. The front wheel would loft up in the air very easily. It has never done this before. My question is i am told that bike is lean from the factory but this tells me mine is running rich or am i wrong about this??I am running everything stock. The bike has always run great but after today i am wondering what should i do to make it run this good all the time. I was planning on jumping up the jetting but maybe i should not. Thanks

I took the bike for ride for the first time in a couple of weeks. The temp was 8 degrees and the bike has never run better. The front wheel would loft up in the air very easily. It has never done this before. My question is i am told that bike is lean from the factory but this tells me mine is running rich or am i wrong about this??I am running everything stock. The bike has always run great but after today i am wondering what should i do to make it run this good all the time. I was planning on jumping up the jetting but maybe i should not. Thanks

Move somewhere where its 8 degrees all the time? :busted: Cold air is more dense so your actually getting more air in your carb then when its warm which increases your horse power.

jetting is 55/125/112 , plug is a nice tan colour and is a dpr9ea-9 (ngk). I have also been told (not that i totally believe it) that a bike will be richer when it is that old because the jets get a little worn after a period of time?????? There is 35000 kms on the bike and i am the ninth owner.Carbs have been sonic washed and all gaskets and o-rings have been replaced but the jets could be original. Thanks

Air density is your friend alright.I would guess your jetting is a little rich for warmer temps and is now a lot closer. I usually end up with 122-125 mains in both carbs the heat of the summer near sea level. 118-120 at high altitude.

I have gotten as rich as 128 in the frigid months if I am feeling like a hardcore cold rider.

Jets don't really wear out, needle jets and needles do though due to vibration and such, which is not really a problem since I think they are lean stock anyway.

Your results may vary, not legal in all states, blah blah...

If you think it may have lean jetting then lower your needle one clip and/or go one size smaller on the main. If it was lean you will uncover a bog. An easier test is to remover your air-cleaner for a short test ride. The extreme side of lean is easy to find. Best performance and efficiency is two steps to the rich side of lean.