Sign in to follow this  

Need Help Guys

Just did a total rebuild on my Rm 250 and also got new clutch but I am having problem with my clutch. My clutch actuator arm is hitting my ignition case inside the motor? Is there a way to adjust the arm to where it doesn't hit the case? Also the clutch doesnt seem to engage tell the very end on the clutch release? Any help would be appreciated

It has been the same arm I have had ever since I have had the bike. Do you think that I am just trying to tighten it too much? or maybe a bent arm?

Take your ignition cover off and clutch pushrod out. Rotate actuator counteclockwise a bit untill pushrod falls in pocket of actuator. You just have the actuator rotated too far clockwise.

You'll be able to tell by clearance with the cover when you have the right position.

It is a 1996. I have tried taking out the push rod and rotating the actuator but it only seems to fall into the pocket at the same place it has been at. You think I would have to take the flywheel off and then put the actuator out and try that way? thanks for the help guys

It is a 1996. I have tried taking out the push rod and rotating the actuator but it only seems to fall into the pocket at the same place it has been at. You think I would have to take the flywheel off and then put the actuator out and try that way? thanks for the help guys

You shouldn't need to take your flywheel off, it should be short enough, it is on later models anyways.

Just give her a pull out and see.

I'm replacing mine on my 03. The pushrod has worn a hole in it, loosing engagement.

I have to pull the fly wheel because the stator is in the way to I have to pull fly wheel then stator then the arm can come out. I think my arm might be worn also.

Yes you will need to pull flywheel and stator( which is what keeps arm in place). I just finished rebuilding the bottom end on my 96 and if everything else is right then you cant put it in wrong. The parts are all manufactured to work together and if one wears then it needs to be replaced. Did the actuator arm have wear where the rod contacts it? The rod is only 7 bucks and the arm is inexpensive so its easy to replace. Make sure you have freeplay when your all done, otherwise the parts will be in constant contact and wear it all quickly. Give me a shout if you need anything else

Thanks J cat! I haven't taken the flywheel or stator off yet but tomorrow and check it out. Im guessing I have a worn arm. but we shall see.