Sign in to follow this  

2006 rm250 RC edition

Hey guys, I just bought my first rm250 today after being in the 450 business for a while. I dont even know why I ever wanted a 450 in the first place, after I rode the rm today for about 3 minutes, I was sold.Its a 2006 RC edition, I gave $3200 for the bike and it is literally almost brand new, all original everything except tires, still has original nissin brake pads that look almost new. To be honest, I dont think the bike has more than 10 hours total if that, Very light scratches on the clutch cover and the paint hasnt even begun to wear off the cover yet, almost no frame wear, just one little spot hardly noticeable. Only thing is that the guy took the gas tank stickers and the rear fender sticker off because they were peeling off anyways. Still has the stock exhaust with one little spot that has the black paint worn off. What do you guys think? Did I get a decent price? Doesnt really matter to me tho because rm250s are hard to find around here, had planned on getting an 09 250sx but Im just a huge rm fan.:busted:

1030111242a.jpg

1030111242.jpg

Edited by team199

I think you did fine... Considering it has so few hours and those bikes are excellent machines. The RC editions are cool, shame the stickers were peeled off though. Still might be availiable as replacements through dealer for originality factor. How are the gold wheels?

I think that's a decent deal. I bought one for $2500, but it had a few more hours on it. So far it's been great except for the front forks are a little harsh for me in harescrambles.

The gold Excels are spotless, but there is a rub mark through the words on the back tire, not a scratch but the red writing has been smeared I guess you could say. Will get pics up soon.

Nice looking bike great find :busted: One question though, I thought the RC replica's editions came out with PC pipes?

I bought the bike in Rutherfordton North Carolina. Im pretty sure the RC edition did not come with a PC pipe, the only thing different from the regular rm250 is the graphics, the Excel wheels, the bar pad, and the seat cover. I think the Renthal fatbars may be the RC bend bars.

Nice looking bike great find :busted: One question though, I thought the RC replica's editions came out with PC pipes?

i do not think it came with the pc pipe but does anybody know for sure?. i believe RC's set up was a pro circuit works pipe and a r304 silencer?

great looking bike. i bet it rips!!

I thought it came with a PC pipe too, but i could be completely off my rocker....

The RC edition was simply an effort to give the buyer a bike that looked the part. There were no mechanical or performance changes made over the standard production bikes. But they nailed the look and created an awesome machine imo...

Sweet bike. I just picked up an 'O6 also. Clean and its really fun to ride. Kept my 450 for when I get too fat to keep this one on the pipe. LOL

I have one too! Paid 4k for mine in 08. It was basically new also.

I think I got the very last set of graphics from One Industries right after I bought the bike too.

I thought it came with a PC pipe too, but i could be completely off my rocker....

You might be thinking of the KX250's that came with a PC pipe that said "LUSK" on the ID tag (as in Ezra Lusk). IIRC it was 2002 or 2003.

Or you might be completely off your rocker... :busted:

i too have a 2006 rc edition with about 10 hours on it.

Since i quit MX, it is going to be converted to full trail bike this winter.

picture044custom.jpg

No, no PC pipe on RC replicas, the wheels are yellow on the RC replicas, not the more common gold like most people assume. Gold on suzukis dont look to great IMO but yellow is sick (and yes its a big difference). They dont do many yellow wheels (excel that is) because alot of them turn out butterscotch instead of yellow so take care of those lol