Sign in to follow this  

'06 CRF250X exhaust????

I have an '06 250X and am looking to upgrade the exhaust sytem. I wanted to know if a CRF250R exhaust would fit on the X????

Only 04-05 CRF250R exhausts will fit. You may want to only swap the muffler as the R headpipe is shorter and reduces low end torque in exchange for more overrev.

What I did which worked really good was take out the back diffuser, which makes the bike sound much better, and re-jet for that. That has alot more flow and works almost as good as many after market companies, dont forget to cut the top off the air box that helps a lot too.

I just put the FMF Q4 pipe on my 08 with the stock header and omg its wayy better. Doesn't turn it into a 450 but it pretty much eliminates the slow throttle response and it feels like it has over all more power especially down low. Gonna regear before the next outting.

Like Chopper61 said, the 04/05 R exhaust is a direct bolton. You'll gain some power because the air flow is better, but the biggest thing is the R can is light....darn near 4lbs lighter than the X can.

I wouldnt RECCOMEND, putting the R exhaust on... no spark arrester. If your trying to make your X a race bike then I understand and go for it. But otherwise, get something with a spark arrester

I have an 09 and put the can from an 04R on it. Had the air box cut, the car jets done and that fuel mixture screw on the bottom of the carb with the D head on it switched out to one with a screw that I can adjust by hand. After, wow....not even the same bike. Again, if you go with a muffler from an R, you will not have a spark arrester. But, this is a cheap alternative to $350 muffler. I bought mine off a TT dude for $45 and that included shipping as we were not in the same state. I know people that have bought them as cheap as $25. It all depends on what you can afford and where you ride. I’d do it all over again if I had to. I love the new power and sound my 09250X has.

before yoy spend any money take the defuser out and try it, it sounds great ad gives it a kick. You will need to go richer.