Sign in to follow this  

Which fcr 39mx or 41mx

Ok so I have a 08 husqvarna 450smr. Now it's FI and I'm swapping to carb. Different reasons. Lol anyway the previous years 450-510's are fitted with a fcr41 from the factory. Everything I have researched is the fcr39 will be more than enough for a 450. Also the 39 is much cheaper, so which one should I buy? I don't plan on doing any engine mods. Thanks

Ok, so I have to ask, why are you going back to a carburetor on your dirtbike? Fuel Injection when properly set up is much better than a carb across the board.

It's a Supermoto and I live in Hawaii with no dealer support to set it up properly, I could buy the power commander 5 and the auto tune, but then I need dyno time. So since I had a husqvarna smr befOre and I had the carb dialed PERFECT I'm going back. The new husqvarna FI system is badass but not on the 08. So it's easier and cheaper for mr to convert back to carb and tune it exactly to my liking

Ok, so I have to ask, why are you going back to a carburetor on your dirtbike? Fuel Injection when properly set up is much better than a carb across the board.

Really? Name a bike where that is true, other than the 2012 KX250........

I can't name about a dozen that are worse, won't run for more than 15 hours without a service, and will go though fuel pumps at the rate of one every 50 hours.

FI is not 'done' yet for Off Road.

MX, sure, where you are 50 ft from your truck, and only ride for and hour or two at a time.