Sign in to follow this  

Big mistake on tires at Melvern Kansas Hare Scramble

Big mistake on tires at Melvern Kansas Hare Scramble. Bike caught traction at bottom of tires and flipped up and caught me in the head with bars and flipped about 20 feet away. If you go around the tires after you enter the railroad ties, you have to go over the tires or get penalized a lap. :busted:

I still got 3rd after this mistake on 3rd lap. :busted:

DSC_3755_2_.jpg

VIDEO

Rear view first 6 minutes.

• Like 1

The track was not what I was use to, but it was fun and learned the cornering in loose stuff with 8 crashes total that day and the tires about took me out when my bars hit me in the head and knocked me down. I now have a nice dent in my helmet. :busted:

Another great vid. Dave! Good riding! Those tires looked pretty gnarly... but I loved the fact that you got back up and just hit em faster! Good job!

Another great vid. Dave! Good riding! Those tires looked pretty gnarly... but I loved the fact that you got back up and just hit em faster! Good job!

Didn't realize until this week that I have a dent right on the very top of my helmet.:busted: Had to order a new one after 6 years of tree hits and crashes with that one, Carbon Fiber one now.:busted:

Didn't realize until this week that I have a dent right on the very top of my helmet.:bonk: Had to order a new one after 6 years of tree hits and crashes with that one, Carbon Fiber one now.:busted:

Haha... at least you walked away. Now dent that CF helmet and plan on replacing your melon :busted:

J/K glad only your helmet got mangled.

Congrats on finish and new helmet! :busted:

Sure was a fun course! For sure some loose corners, sketchy. And those tires were HUGE!! Video does NO justice... went over in practice successfully on first attempt. Didn't wanna push my luck, chickened out and took bypass during race.

Maybe see you at Cassville.... Braaap!!!

Congrats on finish and new helmet! :busted:

Sure was a fun course! For sure some loose corners, sketchy. And those tires were HUGE!! Video does NO justice... went over in practice successfully on first attempt. Didn't wanna push my luck, chickened out and took bypass during race.

Maybe see you at Cassville.... Braaap!!!

Come on down to theCassville Nationals. We have 6 WFO Trailriders racing and this place has sections of 1/4 mile long gnarly up and down the hills :bonk: and creek runs with a watrfall and a moto section.:busted: