Sign in to follow this  

Which complete gasket set?

Im looking for a complete gasket set for my 89 rmx 250, Top and bottom end. Any suggestions? I found some on ebay, one is moose for about 85 bucks and the gaskets are made in the U.S.A. so thats a plus. Another one is "Gasket Power" for about 37 bucks and gaskets are made in japan. Other question is i found an athena gasket kit for an 89 to 90 rm 250. Will this fit an rmx 250?

Thanks,

Dan

cometic. just as good as OEM if not better. i use them for all of my motor builds, and i build them for a living.

I've always had great results with Cometic.

I used ProX on my last rebuild which is supposed to be repackaged OEM. Well that may be the case but they forgot to include the powervalve tensioner gasket :busted:

Just looked on cometic's web site and says they only make a top end gasket kit for my bike. Guess ill call them tomorrow and see what thats all about.:busted:

Thanks guys

cometic. just as good as OEM if not better. i use them for all of my motor builds, and i build them for a living.

Listen to this man! Anything less is absolute garbage. Call cometic direct if you are unable to find what you need via the web. Good luck!

look in tucker rocky, i have about 10 complete gasket sets for both of my bikes because im a maintenance freak, and, being a TR dealer, theyre free to me.

Cometic can not help me out, no complete gasket kits for the rmx 250, top end only. Ill probably order the top end kit from them. I couldnt find anything on the tucker rocky stuff really. Any other ideas? What did you rmx guys use after the cases were split oem gaskets?

I bought the super gasket kit and it's been just fine, Everything fit perfectly and I'm going on a year and a half of regular riding with no leaks at all.

I ordered oem gaskets for most of the bottom end because i needed to order a couple of bearings and seals too. I saw for an 89 rm 250, cometic makes a high compression top end kit. I was thinking about ordering that because they told me everything will fit but they are not sure about the head gasket, and as we all know a head gasket from an 89 rm will fit rmx's. When i asked how much thinner the head gasket is, he said its stock thickness (for an rm) and the base gasket is thinner to raise compression. Wont this change the timing? Anyone see anything wrong with it? They guy i was talking to didnt know what it would raise the compression to so maby ill call back again today and ask if ill still be able to run on pump gas.

I ordered oem gaskets for most of the bottom end because i needed to order a couple of bearings and seals too. I saw for an 89 rm 250, cometic makes a high compression top end kit. I was thinking about ordering that because they told me everything will fit but they are not sure about the head gasket, and as we all know a head gasket from an 89 rm will fit rmx's. When i asked how much thinner the head gasket is, he said its stock thickness (for an rm) and the base gasket is thinner to raise compression. Wont this change the timing? Anyone see anything wrong with it? They guy i was talking to didnt know what it would raise the compression to so maby ill call back again today and ask if ill still be able to run on pump gas.

I very much doubt that alone would increase your compression enough to need higher octane fuel but that all depends on what your squish is with the thinner gasket. Lowering the cylinder will increase your lowend and take away a tiny bit of topend; probably not a drastic change. Do they make the kit with a regular base gasket" If they do I would just use that.

I very much doubt that alone would increase your compression enough to need higher octane fuel but that all depends on what your squish is with the thinner gasket. Lowering the cylinder will increase your lowend and take away a tiny bit of topend; probably not a drastic change. Do they make the kit with a regular base gasket" If they do I would just use that.

Yes they make a standard one for the 89 rm 250. I guess ill check that one out seeing how its still higher compression than a stock rmx.