Sign in to follow this  

Crf450r 09 / Öhlins Ttx, the bike is kicking sideways

Today was the first day with my new Öhlins TTX shock on my Crf450r 2009.

I fitted the shock with a "50nm" rear spring. It's designed for 80kg and my weight is 75kg so it should be allright?

I checked the sag and it's ok. I gave it some time to dial in the rebound and compression. But as soon i hit bumps and obstacles in high speed, the bike starts kicking sideways?

It looks like snake, or a enduro bike. The bike is pretty low in the back and moves slowly. It was a really wet sand track with these long sweeping bumps, but they became pretty bad in the end and it was almost like hitting a wall...

So, what's wrong? I did not have this problem with my original rear shock and rear spring.

This was really a dissapointment for me, i had the full Öhlins setup on my KX125 and that bike was great. This one is just terrible...

So, any suggestions on what's wrong or something?

on ttx you must tuning the "CSC" clicker before.whit the comp and reb click in the center of

travel. when you have a right csc setting you finally work on the comp a click to make a pecision setting.if you are on wrong csc turn the shock work bad!!!ttx is good, i have it on my supermoto but you can loose the house road with us

Do you have a Öhlins HO 994 Shock?

i use a 1093 (2010 crf 250) with a 5oN/mm Spring.

C7

R10

CSC 19

sag 37mm/106mm

Rider 72 KG

Works great.

The CSC setting its realy sensitive . 3 clicks more or less will not work...

on ttx you must tuning the "CSC" clicker before.whit the comp and reb click in the center of

travel. when you have a right csc setting you finally work on the comp a click to make a pecision setting.if you are on wrong csc turn the shock work bad!!!ttx is good, i have it on my supermoto but you can loose the house road with us

Okey, thanks for the help. So the CSC is that sensitive? I didn't move it much, just a click clockwise and didn't feel a change at all. How much did you need to work on the CSC adjustment before you got it ok? Don't have the settings in my head, will look that up tomorrow! But it was almost at maximum rebound and compression, and to be honest, i have never been at "maximum" with any shock ever. So it felt really bad.

Do you have a Öhlins HO 994 Shock?

i use a 1093 (2010 crf 250) with a 5oN/mm Spring.

C7

R10

CSC 19

sag 37mm/106mm

Rider 72 KG

Works great.

The CSC setting its realy sensitive . 3 clicks more or less will not work...

Yes! Sorry about that. The shock is a HO 1094. I think that it's almost the same as a 1093.

Sounds like i really need to work at the CSC settings then. I had both compression and rebound at maximum and it was not enough. So it is that sensitive then? How will the shock behave is the CSC is completely wrong? By the way, what springs do you have in your forks?

Thanks!!

i think you can run with stock fork spring but with a little stiff revalve oem are soft.

ttx csc is a 2 way generally regulator. you must have the right click.try on 20 and comp and reb adj

Yes! Sorry about that. The shock is a HO 1094. I think that it's almost the same as a 1093.

Sounds like i really need to work at the CSC settings then. I had both compression and rebound at maximum and it was not enough. So it is that sensitive then? How will the shock behave is the CSC is completely wrong? By the way, what springs do you have in your forks?

Thanks!!

The CSC Setting is realy sensitive IMO.

I got to a Öhlins HO 1093 damper for a test,

I was injured last 8 weeks so a friend has testet the shock for me.

on most settings we have the same problem , Kiching on Downhills etc.

i can ride my Bike since Yesterday and i have found a realy good Setting.

Ok IMO. for you

1. The 50 Spring is on the soft side,

2. set the sag to 37-41mm.. on hard tracks

2. set the at CSC 19-21

3.reb 10 comp 6-10.

My fork is highly mod. Stock springs, + 2mm preload, DDT Setup,MX Tech Huck Valve. ....

what is the stock Setting for the HO 1094?

C10

R10

CSC24

?

The CSC Setting is realy sensitive IMO.

I got to a Öhlins HO 1093 damper for a test,

I was injured last 8 weeks so a friend has testet the shock for me.

on most settings we have the same problem , Kiching on Downhills etc.

i can ride my Bike since Yesterday and i have found a realy good Setting.

Ok IMO. for you

1. The 50 Spring is on the soft side,

2. set the sag to 37-41mm.. on hard tracks

2. set the at CSC 19-21

3.reb 10 comp 6-10.

My fork is highly mod. Stock springs, + 2mm preload, DDT Setup,MX Tech Huck Valve. ....

what is the stock Setting for the HO 1094?

C10

R10

CSC24

?

Okey, this morning i went out to the garage and checked my settings on the shock.

C20

R22

CSC52

52 Spring.

I counted the clicks on the csc and got it to a total of 74?! Is that correct? How the hell should i get the csc dialed in correctly with so many options? Haha.

But when i looked closer to the shock i found something else too. The rear spring was marked with a "52", and i thought i had a "50" spring. How much does this effect the handling? Don't have a measurement on the sag but it's ok when i checked yesterday.

Can't find the stock settings in the Owners Manual.

im on 9 csc on supermoto

12 comp

9reb

5.9 spring

You have my settings up there. I'm not sure how you count but i counted clicks in clockwise.

if the sag is ok you dont worry from the size of spring.you have wrong csc on your bike.....

that s problably the problem.

ttx use a different tecnogy then other stock shock

csc it s very very important.

try to close all csc and push rear , after open all and push. nothing oem shock make that s difference!!!

set csc on 20 .yesterday you run your bike without idraulic and rear go quick on hard part of shock.

do you fell the bike work low and hard??

I have the HO 1093 (crf 250)

as i remember the 1094 is the crf 450

but the shocks is almost the same

turn your clickers all the way in and go out from there

CSC 19 clicks

C 10

R 10

Start with this and you should have a good startingpoint for mx

Kim

if the sag is ok you dont worry from the size of spring.you have wrong csc on your bike.....

that s problably the problem.

ttx use a different tecnogy then other stock shock

csc it s very very important.

try to close all csc and push rear , after open all and push. nothing oem shock make that s difference!!!

set csc on 20 .yesterday you run your bike without idraulic and rear go quick on hard part of shock.

do you fell the bike work low and hard??

So i went out to the garage again and checked my Csc setting. And wow, the Csc setting is really important, just like you said.

I turned the screw in clockwise at maximum and the bike was even move when i pushed it down. Then i took the screw out at maximum counter-clockwise and the shock worked really fast.

But what is "Csc 20", 20 clicks in clockwise or out counter-clockwise?

I have the HO 1093 (crf 250)

as i remember the 1094 is the crf 450

but the shocks is almost the same

turn your clickers all the way in and go out from there

CSC 19 clicks

C 10

R 10

Start with this and you should have a good startingpoint for mx

Kim

Yep, they are almost the same. Thanks, will try this one. Do you ride with these settings on sand or is it only hard track?

:busted:

The spring works perfeckt..

start with

CSC 20

C10

R10

106mm Rider Sag.

Good, will check the sag once again and then i will go out and ride the bike with your settings on the shock. Thanks!

the new ttx have hi speed comp adjustment finally! i see eros taboni test for andreani

:busted: also a Topout-spring.

So i went out to the garage again and checked my Csc setting. And wow, the Csc setting is really important, just like you said.

I turned the screw in clockwise at maximum and the bike was even move when i pushed it down. Then i took the screw out at maximum counter-clockwise and the shock worked really fast.

But what is "Csc 20", 20 clicks in clockwise or out counter-clockwise?

Yep, they are almost the same. Thanks, will try this one. Do you ride with these settings on sand or is it only hard track?

Good, will check the sag once again and then i will go out and ride the bike with your settings on the shock. Thanks!

For a sandtrack i will be around

csc 18 out

C 8

R 8

actually my shock is now apart for a revalve and oilchange

Be aware of that Ohlin suspension is a lot more sensitive on the clickers than stock

Kim

i think the major advantage of ttx is you don t need revalved for your weight and use .

and you must make change oil after few hour than oem shock!!

right??

i think the major advantage of ttx is you don t need revalved for your weight and use .

and you must make change oil after few hour than oem shock!!

right??

Mine will be made stiffer on compression main piston

If i try to achieve this with the csc it will get to harsh

Kim