Sign in to follow this  

2010 Plastic Conversion

I am looking to convert the plastic on my 02 CR250 to the 09 and up crf plastic. I was just wondering has anyone done a clean functioning conversion? Any information and pictures would be greatly appreciated sorry is is repeat thread it did a search and came up empty handed. Thank you

I've seen folks change the triple clamps so they could use the newer front numberplate/fender, change the rear fender to white and put on a Throttle Jockey Team Honda red seat cover, but not a complete conversion. Personally, I think all of the above plus a red airbox graphic would look sweet.

On mine, I went with Applied clamps and a '08 OE numberplate. Hate the earlier numberplates, love the '08. :busted:

IMG_2830_web.jpg

Thats not a bad idea, however i would like to do a complete conversion if i can without too much trouble. im thinking the best thing to do would be is get my hands and a plastic set from that year of bike and just kind of see how things line up and see what i have to work with and go from there.

HrcRacing27, what clutch perch is that? Just off a crf or something? I gotta get something.

I just put an 09 crf450 fender and Cycra Factory Stadium plate on my '02. This is the latest plate Reed and Whindam are using (see pic below). I had to drill new holes on the fender for the front screws (the 09 fender front holes sticks way out...just look at one and you'll know). So now I got it mounted, but now the fender was leaning at a downward angle too much towards the front wheel, so I put washers on the back 2 screws (closest to frame) and now it looks ok, level, but the fender no longer sits flush with triple clamp. Can't really tell unless looking right at it, and even though it sounds totally gehtto, it is secure. The plate was zip tied.

Mine looks very up to date, but if I had it to do over again, I like the pic above just fine and would just have gone that way. :busted:.

Here's mine (crappy lighting):

IMAG0822.jpg

IMAG0826.jpg

Here's Reed's:

inside-reeds-honda-001.jpg

Here's a video of somebodys cr if you have not seen this yet... Rear fender looks a bit long but this still looks kinda great.

Here's a video of somebodys cr if you have not seen this yet... Rear fender looks a bit long but this still looks kinda great.

This was the exact video that sparked my interesting in doing this in the first place :busted: He also has a video on youtube kind of showing how he did it and from what i can see from his video some of its put on with zipties and plastic pieces he made and i dont want to go that route. i want to make it so everything bolts up properly and looks clean.

In the vid he drilled holes in his front fender in the same place I did. You'll have to get out some calipers and be pretty precise with it.

As far as the rear, that is pretty cool and makes the bike look way new looking, but I think I'm stopping where I'm at. Dunno....maybe I'll get a crazy hair and do it.

Kmiller723

I am doing this right now I have a CR500AF I just got and it uses a 2003 CR250 frame, I have bought a complete set of silver plastic for a 2005-2007 CRF450. I will not be booty fab anything and will let you know what I have to do to get these to fit. If this fails or is way too much work I have also bought a set of silver plastics correct year and all for the 2003 CR250. I am trying to get it to look like the service honda Elsinore replica.

Brian

where you getting the silver plastic from? My bike is about due for some new plastics.

I had to get it from two different places, one is MX1 Canada, and the other is acerbisshop.com which is located in the Netherlands cost was about $200 usd for all matching pieces and correct years. I found MX1 to have a pretty decent selection of the silver stuff.

Brian

HrcRacing27, what clutch perch is that? Just off a crf or something? I gotta get something.

It's actually just the stock '04 clutch perch so no hot-start lever. You can find them on ebay sometimes for cheap and 125 or 250 will work. :busted:

Well i think the solution to this is clear that im gonna have to hop over to the 450 section of the forum and see if one of them has a old set of plastic that they would donate or sell and start trying to find a way to make it all work :busted:

On mine, I went with Applied clamps and a '08 OE numberplate.

Is the offset on the Applied clamps identical to stock? Can that numberplate be fabricated/drilled to fit the stock 2 stroke clamps? Can the '08 front fender be drilled to fit the stock clamps? Looks nice.

If I was your guys, what I would do, this is me....find a guy parting out a crf 250 or 450 with that style plastics, and buy the sub frame air box, plastics and then your could just bolt alot of the stuff up maybe a slight bend of sub frame or shorten it a little. Good luck keep us updated!

This is my before picture. Over winter I plan to put new style front plate/fender on. And possibly shrouds as well.

ImportedPhotos00059.jpg

ImportedPhotos00054.jpg

ImportedPhotos00057.jpg

• Like 1

Is the offset on the Applied clamps identical to stock? Can that numberplate be fabricated/drilled to fit the stock 2 stroke clamps? Can the '08 front fender be drilled to fit the stock clamps? Looks nice.

I ordered them in 24mm offset so, yes, they are the same as stock. If you have some fabrication skills then you could make the '08 front numberplate work with the OE clamps, the fender is a direct bolt up. :busted:

is it difficult to add the newer crf shrouds to the 02-07 cr250's?

I ordered them in 24mm offset so, yes, they are the same as stock. If you have some fabrication skills then you could make the '08 front numberplate work with the OE clamps, the fender is a direct bolt up. :busted:

Excellent. Thank you, will get to work on this.

is it difficult to add the newer crf shrouds to the 02-07 cr250's?

Over in the 450 section, there is a guy with an 02 450 that has the latest gen shrouds, fender, and front plate on his bike. So, I would guess that it is possible.

Post 324:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=609763&page=33

033.jpg

Edited by KcDavis