Sign in to follow this  

ttr 125s cant break

yo guys just got my cousins bike from years of sitting in the shed. I believe its a 04-05 area my cousin lost the title like the retard he is anyway. Probabably been sitting in a moisture hell hole in his shed for about 1-2 years. He couldnt get it start so he brought it to me. Drained out the old gas put in new. put the tires back up to 14 psi sprayed some starting fluid and bam just like that started it up. Warmed it up and it runs and rides fine. So figuring he aint gonna ride it ever I turned the gas peecock on off ran the carb dry and then added some sta-bil after the gas is off I know that shit gums up the carb if you leave it sitting in there. Just thought I should let you know what realiable dependable unbreakable bikes these ttrs are

we put one under water, like 3 feet of water. Drained it up side down, cleaned everything up, still ran forever. Another was ridden hard for years with a ripped air boot, tons of dirt through the carb, you can see it in the oil, not only did it run forever, the valves were never bad either with all that dirt. To be fair, I think all the colors are based off the same Honda design for these play bikes so they are all probably just as bullet proof

I've got a box of broken parts by using the bike for what it was not designed. You name the part my son broke at least 1 of each, age 11 to 13, 90# to 110#, but he was riding the bike on MX tracks, got him a YZ250f at 14 and problem solved. My wife rides the bike off road now and we do some supermoto riding at go kart tracks and have had no major problems since.